Tulsa Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hihihi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, Tulsa does not have a anesthesia program. Tulsa is operating as an off-campus branch of Oklahoma Medical School, which is based in Oklahoma City. Anyway, they have a limited number of programs (FP, IM, OB, PED....), and they do have a surgery program. So, how can you have a surgery program, but no anesthesia program? Do they use private physicians, or what? Thanks for any insight.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm honestly not certain whether if they use private physicians or have full time anesthesiologists of their own. Considering that the surgeries are performed in the local hospitals, I imagine that they simply use the anesthesiology groups from the hospitals.

On another note, not to nit-pick, but it is the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center School of Medicine. (they can be pretty touchy about that)

Tulsa actually does have an anesthesiology residency, but it is osteopathic and only accepts DOs.

Thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Uhum...

Actually, it is the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. The medical school along with the nursing, dentistry, pharm, as well as the newly labeled OU Medical Center are all located at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.

Not that any of the above details really matter!! :cool:

heehee...I Love It!