Turnaround time for interviews at NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonez318ti

Future Rally Medic
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of typical turnaround times post interview at NYU?

Members don't see this ad.

bonez318ti said:

I interviewed in Dec and they told us that most of us would hear back end of Jan-Feb.

It took about two and a half months for me. (interviewed in the second week of Oct and got a snail mail at the end of Dec.)

bonez318ti said:

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who didn't interview in time for the first round of acceptances in Dec the last set of acceptances will be sent out on Feb 15. It's my top choice so I'm crossing my fingers :oops:

MD applicants# 02923

Hi, aar239:

Do you mean that if you missed the first round of acceptances due to interviewing later, then you *won't* hear b/f 2/15? It's also one of my top choices, and I interviewed in second week of Jan. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!

BH

Bunsen Honeydew said:
Hi, aar239:

Do you mean that if you missed the first round of acceptances due to interviewing later, then you *won't* hear b/f 2/15? It's also one of my top choices, and I interviewed in second week of Jan. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!

BH

I interviewed in early November and was passed over for the early rounds of acceptance (I believe there was one in late December and one in mid Jan).

I emailed my interviewer to ask if I was vying for a rejection or waitlist, and he assured me that I was still being actively considered - and also emphasized that comparatively, only a really small percentage of the entering class has heard early (as these students are, arguably, the most competitive - and will thus have a lot of options at the end of this crazy process!).

So, whether you interviewed in October or early Feb, you have about the same chance of receiving an acceptance on Feb 15th!

Best of luck, all!

Muchas gracias for the info, ajt.

Good idea about emailing your interviewer. Mine was super nice and encouraged me to contact her with any questions.

Good luck to you!!

BH