Tuspm gre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patelneal214

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/require.asp it says temple still accepts the GRE can any one vouch for this or no? I was just wondering, because I would like to weigh my options out.

Members don't see this ad.

is it in a sense weighed equally to them or is it kind of frowned upon

Members don't see this ad :)
First off, if it says so on the website, why wouldn't they?

Secondly, calling the school would be your best source for that information, don'tcha think?

It is my understanding that if you apply with the GRE, you will not recieve scholarship funds from the school. You are better off taking the MCAT to help cut cost.

Do you guys know what is needed on the
GRE? I'm planning to take the MCAT but curious about the gre.
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Do you guys know what is needed on the
GRE? I'm planning to take the MCAT but curious about the gre.

No clue. Especially since they just changed the GRE format this past August. Best bet is to call them and ask. If you're already studying for the MCAT don't waste your time taking the GRE as well. Totally different material.

I looked into the GRE and its not a simple exam. The new format looks even harder to manage. The MCAT is a exam that all of us pre-pod should be familar with. But yes, call temple's admission dept and get the details.

I dont really know why people take the GRE to get into Temple unless they didnt get into a masters/PHD program of choice and use podiatry as a backup (which I also dont support but thats another issue).

You need at least a decent GRE score to get in, but you need a piss poor MCAT score to get into Temple. Plus with a MCAT you are not restricted to Temple alone.

Its really not that hard to get a 23 on the MCAT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont really know why people take the GRE to get into Temple unless they didnt get into a masters/PHD program of choice and use podiatry as a backup (which I also dont support but thats another issue).

You need at least a decent GRE score to get in, but you need a piss poor MCAT score to get into Temple. Plus with a MCAT you are not restricted to Temple alone.

Pretty sure people don't just take the GRE to get into Temple. Most likely a case of taking it because they thought they might want to apply to grad school, maybe wanted to do a PhD and THEN podiatry/med school, etc, and changed their mind.

Why don't you support people having a backup? Not everyone can get into their first choice program(s) no matter how hard they try. Which is why a couple of schools still accept the DAT.

What do you consider a 'decent' GRE score? I know people who have been accepted with a GRE score and they were not overly impressive scores. But remember, it's not all about the MCAT or GRE...it's about the total application. :thumbup:

OP - call the school instead of relying on pre-pods who don't know to tell you. :cool:

Fuzion - take the MCAT, not the GRE.

Pretty sure people don't just take the GRE to get into Temple. Most likely a case of taking it because they thought they might want to apply to grad school, maybe wanted to do a PhD and THEN podiatry/med school, etc, and changed their mind.

If you want to get the DPM/PhD degree then sure.

Why don't you support people having a backup? Not everyone can get into their first choice program(s) no matter how hard they try. Which is why a couple of schools still accept the DAT.

There are several in my class who did not get into allopathic medical school and they are now bitter about their decision. They are both my friends, but I get tired of listening to them gripe about podiatry school. Its not for everyone.

What do you consider a 'decent' GRE score? I know people who have been accepted with a GRE score and they were not overly impressive scores. But remember, it's not all about the MCAT or GRE...it's about the total application. :thumbup:

I agree w anklebreaker on this paragraph.

OP - call the school instead of relying on pre-pods who don't know to tell you. :cool:
Good advice

Fuzion - take the MCAT, not the GRE.
Great advice

I agree with you on the 'backup' part if it's not really what they want to do. For me, a backup is something I could see myself doing and be happy with the decision. It's the Plan B, so to speak. Understand your viewpoint as it relates to the situation with your friends. Just wonder what they would be happy doing or what they think a better option would have been?

Flyhi

I'm currently studying for the MCAT and plan to take it since I'm not just applying to temple alone..

Thanks for the look out!

good, because it will open up many more options for you as far as school choices and hopefully scholarships! Good luck with it...i'm taking in January!