Tutoring job worthy of update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Falconclaw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was placed on hold at NY Med, and they said to email them if I wanted to update my file. I got a tutoring job this semester at my school with the Student Athlete Success Center, tutoring athletes one on one. I work about five to six hours a week. Is this significant enough to email about?
Also, if it is worthy of sending an email about, when should I email them? Right away?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't say an update is warranted here, personally.

But perhaps someone else would know better than I.

No

So I was placed on hold at NY Med, and they said to email them if I wanted to update my file. I got a tutoring job this semester at my school with the Student Athlete Success Center, tutoring athletes one on one. I work about five to six hours a week. Is this significant enough to email about?
Also, if it is worthy of sending an email about, when should I email them? Right away?

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe combined with other stuff (new good grades, substantial summer activities etc.)

Would becoming an mcat tutor with Kaplan be worthy of an update?

When you are thinking about updating a school, especially pre-interview, think to yourself. Would this make Adcoms drop everything and say "wow, this guy/gal tutors, let's invite them to interview"

Most updates, especially pre-II will make zero difference. Seriously, your app and all your 3-4+ years is what makes your app. Not a new job or new gig. Maybe if you got published in a journal or something....