Twin Cities, MN psychiatry jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lockian

Magical Thinking Encouraged
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PGY3 in psychiatry here, looking ahead to the next step of attending-hood. I would like to move to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and I'm wondering what the job market is like. Not saturated, I hope? What health systems are good vs best to steer clear of?

Members don't see this ad.

PGY3 in psychiatry here, looking ahead to the next step of attending-hood. I would like to move to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and I'm wondering what the job market is like. Not saturated, I hope? What health systems are good vs best to steer clear of?

As far as I can tell in an allied discipline, not saturated at all. Our system always seems to have at least several postings between the various hospitals and clinics.VA also seems to always be hiring.

Reactions: 1 user
Can't speak to the different health systems as I don't have much experience. However, I have not heard of anyone struggling to find a job in the cities. Definitely not saturated.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
FWIW, I'm a PGY-2 and I've gotten a bunch of those annoying job offer postcards from the Twin Cities. Inpatient psychiatry hospitalist 7on/7off for 250k.

FWIW, I'm a PGY-2 and I've gotten a bunch of those annoying job offer postcards from the Twin Cities. Inpatient psychiatry hospitalist 7on/7off for 250k.
Hmm, I haven't gotten any and I live in the next state over... Which institution was sending them to you? Maybe I can hit them up.