two quick questions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdfray

currently at work
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so these questions just popped into my head and where is a better place to find the answers than SDN! here goes:

So I was wondering if its possible to submit a committee recommendation or LOR after you complete the online application for aadsas and get transcript sent out? I'm in the process of planning everything out want to submit everything by June 2 (of next year of course), but I was talking to the committee chair today about the best time to request the letter, and he told me that I might be getting the letter till around mid june, after my Spring '12 class (orgo 2) was finished. So heres the change in plans: submit online application by June 2 and get transcripts and other things sent out that day or week. Afterward, since the committee letter and LOR can now be submitted via internet, just update it asap? (this should be quick and painless no?) Does this work? Can I do this? I WANT TO MAKE THE FIRST BACK TO BE MAILED OUT :(

Also, how long before dental schools require you to retake a class? 5 yrs?! 10 years?!! I'm asking because I haven't taken math around 6 years now. (took pre-calculus, calculus, and statistic in my freshmen year) Don't want this to screw me over.

Thx in advance!:love:

Members don't see this ad.

You (your recommender or school) can submit the letter after you submit everything to AADSAS. The letters do not hold up your application getting to the schools. However, the hold up may be that schools usually don't review your application fully until everything has been submitted. AADSAS will just mail the letters in the next mailing as they receive them.

Since you are trying to be an early applicant (kudos!), plan for the DAT as well and don't underestimate the exam. I ended up postponing mine by two months!

As for your second question, I'm not too sure. I assume people who apply after receiving a masters degree haven't taken math in just as long and many who have applied matriculate. So call up the schools just in case.

good luck

thx for the reply!
definitely not planning to underestimate the DATs, which is the only reason I'm taking only Orgo 2 during that spring semester - so I have 5 months of studying time. (taking it Mid-May)

With what you told me, I'm going to go ahead and submit my application to aadsas and just wait for my committee recommendation. It shouldn't take too long (prob by Mid june), since the letter can be submitted via the internet now :smuggrin:. - but definitely will get it in before the first mailing batch is sent out. thx!