U of M c/o 2017 Applicants!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yay! I'm considering applying to this school. Not sure yet though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying there again since I got an interview last year so if you have any questions let me know :)

Hi guys!! I live in MN, so if you have any questions about the area, ask away! I only lived in Minneapolis for a couple years, but I am there frequently visiting friends.

I think I'm applying here too!
I have a friend that was accepted here last winter and told me really good things about the school. She said the facilities were really impressive, the staff was friendly annnnd they have an incredible raptor center! The only reason she didn't end up going here was because she also got into her in-state school and well, we all know that goes financially...

Hey, all! I'm going to be a third-year at Minnesota and was an active SDNer in my pre-vet days, so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask me here. I don't check SDN much anymore, so PM might be better. :)

Another MN resident and applicant here! :D I love the St. Paul campus and the Twin Cities area so hopefully they'll give me a chance. :xf:

Make that one more MN resident and applicant!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought that was a nice email they sent us today.

What did they send you? (Just curious)

It was a message explaining the application process from this point out--here's what we're doing, here's what you can expect, etc. I just thought it was nice of them to acknowledge receiving the VMCAS application so promptly and provide links to so much information.

I agree! It was just nice to know that they had received the VMCAS application (although in a perfect world every school would have a super detailed tracking page like Cornell...).

Would anyone mind posting the timeline they sent in that email? I was informed that they received all of my application materials but I did not get the timeline. Thanks!

Last year interview invites went out around January 5th. I think they send all their interview invites the first/second week of January. Here's to a couple more months of waiting...

Would anyone mind posting the timeline they sent in that email? I was informed that they received all of my application materials but I did not get the timeline. Thanks!

If nobody posts it, just contact them at:

E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: 612-624-4747

I would imagine they'll tell you what the timeline is. (I'd tell you, but I don't know.)

Last year interview invites went out around January 5th. I think they send all their interview invites the first/second week of January. Here's to a couple more months of waiting...

I think the first week is more likely (just a guess), because the first interview date would be 1/24. That'd be in-state. The first OOS dates would be the Fri/Sat 1/25-1/26. I presume there will be three weeks of that Thu-Fri-Sat combo like they've done in the past.

Best of luck with the applications process!

I'm applying there again since I got an interview last year so if you have any questions let me know :)
When are interviews sent out for this school? Do they invite you via email or do they send a letter? Thanks!

When are interviews sent out for this school? Do they invite you via email or do they send a letter? Thanks!

This thread is rather old. Some of these people arent around the forum anymore. there was an UMN thread for this recent cycle that you'd probably have better luck on :)

This thread is rather old. Some of these people arent around the forum anymore. there was an UMN thread for this recent cycle that you'd probably have better luck on :)
haha whoops I probably should have checked the dates thank you!