U of Pitt: Scutwork.com review vs. reality

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FJLA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Long time, first time. Here's my question:

As I apply to anes programs now, I of course reference Scutwork.com for further "inside" information prior to interviewing. U of Pitt certainly has one of the more glowing reviews. Words like "cush," "easy," "I love this place" appear often when it is described. In contrast, I have read the recent "West Penn Allegheny" thread that mentions a negative comment about UPMC. I am just very curious about Pitt's program and am hoping that others on this board would know a little about it. Personally, I am hoping to land a very family/resident friendly program that also has a little academic prestige. And lastly, with regard to the other Pittsburgh anesthesia programs, aren't they all second-place to the larger, academic, university program at UPMC? I innocently ask these questions and would love a response.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry Amy, I don't quite get it. Busted, meaning what?

EDIT: Amy, I truly wasn't trying to call FJLA out. I believe that, when the original post was made, FJLA was an anes applicant. I'm just curious as to his/her current views on the program, as an "insider."