UAB vs Nova Southeastern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student47

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted into both UAB and Nova Southeastern but I am stuck between which one to choose. I already considered the pros and cons and I'm leaning more towards Nova because it's close to home and I would have to pay double tuition at UAB since I will be at an "at large" position (out of state). I don't know if it's worth spending $50,000 a year for UAB when I can pay $20,000 for Nova.

Members don't see this ad.

one of the major downsides that i've heard from many ODs (inside and outside this forum) is the insane amount of debt that they graduate with. it takes them many many years to repay the loans, and often this downside outweighs the salary taht they make coming out of school.

so my suggestion, and the suggestion of others will probably be to go for the cheaper school, because in the end, an OD is an OD.

so my suggestion, and the suggestion of others will probably be to go for the cheaper school, because in the end, an OD is an OD.

Thank you!.......I hear multiple answers from people and how UAB is more established and thus it will look better if you graduate from there....I don't know if that's true though?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you answered your own question - Nova will save you tons of money.

No matter which school you go to you graduate with the same degree and you take the same boards. My advice is to go to Nova.

I think you answered your own question - Nova will save you tons of money.

No matter which school you go to you graduate with the same degree and you take the same boards. My advice is to go to Nova.