UBC Pharmacy 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They most likely won't be giving you any information; from previous years it took around a week for final confirmation if you were on the waitlist.

Considering the changes they put in this year, you'll likely be relying on the second round of accepted applicants to reject their offers. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

They most likely won't be giving you any information; from previous years it took around a week for final confirmation if you were on the waitlist.

Considering the changes they put in this year, you'll likely be relying on the second round of accepted applicants to reject their offers. Good luck!

Worst part of being on the waitlist this year is that it seems they accepted a low amount of people during the second round.

I'm hoping, although unlikely, that we are not just on the waitlist for the second round but the first round as well.

Can anyone clarify this for me? After the interview, gpa and pcat matter or not? I think i saw from another thread that interview50%, gpa40%, pcat 10%.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone clarify this for me? After the interview, gpa and pcat matter or not? I think i saw from another thread that interview50%, gpa40%, pcat 10%.

Those are guesses at best. Unfortunately the faculty isn't completely transparent about the process.

The Faculty isn't clear about this, but the interview is definitely worth a lot. If you do really well on the interview, chances are you will be admitted.

Those are guesses at best. Unfortunately the faculty isn't completely transparent about the process.

I would say the interview is the deal-breaker. I was accepted into UBC and had relatively low stats (~3.15 gpa and 75 PCAT), but had a great interview. I'm also declining my offer (I'm from the first round, if it helps), so good luck to those on waitlist.

I would say the interview is the deal-breaker. I was accepted into UBC and had relatively low stats (~3.15 gpa and 75 PCAT), but had a great interview. I'm also declining my offer (I'm from the first round, if it helps), so good luck to those on waitlist.

May I ask why you're declining the offer?

Hello, I was wondering if most pre-pharm students at UBC take 5 courses per semester? Or take less to get better grades?

does anyone else still has the notification on ubc ssc to send their final transcripts. i sent mine in may, and it still states that :confused:

For the people on the waitlist. I asked a few questions today at their office.

1. Is the waitlist for round one or round two of applicants?

They responded with anyone of the 224 that rejects or needs to reject the offer at ssc.

2. Are acceptance letters for waitlist folks going to be send out in bunches or progressively?

Progressively.

They wouldn't give me my ranking nor other statistics.

I'm going to make someone really happy.
I'm declining my offer from UBC and will be possibly attending either Waterloo or UofT.
Good luck guys!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Those of the people that got accepted.. would you mind sharing your registration date and times? I want to know how likely it is that ill have to change my worklist :p

mines july 10th 7am

Has anyone else not been sent the email offering acceptance on the ssc yet? I'm starting to get nervous...

thanks for the clarification. I hope we get off the wait list by early next week.

They responded with anyone of the 224 that rejects or needs to reject the offer at ssc.

2. Are acceptance letters for waitlist folks going to be send out in bunches or progressively?

Progressively.

Hey
Just to make sure, we have until July 1st to accept/decline the offer via UBC portal right?
Do you know if the admin office is open over the weekends or on July 1st? I guess July 2nd would be the earliest we could communicate with them right?

Hello, I was wondering if most pre-pharm students at UBC take 5 courses per semester? Or take less to get better grades?

If you're just starting first year this September you have to take 5 courses per semester (at least) if you want to apply for September 2014. If you plan to wait for 2-3 years after starting undergrad, then maybe spacing out the prereqs or taking less courses would be beneficial, and might be the smarter way to do it if you're in no rush to get into the program. Just be wary of the PCAT if you're only in first year; it can be a dream crusher

Those of the people that got accepted.. would you mind sharing your registration date and times? I want to know how likely it is that ill have to change my worklist :p

mines july 10th 7am

July 9, 7am. I read in a previous UBC applicant thread that registration times are based on where you ranked. Earlier Registration = Better Rank. Not entirely sure if it's true though. Might just be something someone made up to satisfy their ego :rolleyes:

Hey
Just to make sure, we have until July 1st to accept/decline the offer via UBC portal right?
Do you know if the admin office is open over the weekends or on July 1st? I guess July 2nd would be the earliest we could communicate with them right?

The deadline is all relative to when you got your pharm admissions email from Undergraduate Admissions. My deadline was today (already paid) cause I got the email last Friday. The people who still haven't gotten their SSC email will have later deadlines too. And since July 1st is a Stat Holiday, I'd assume they'll be out enjoying the sun instead of answering our emails :p

July 8th 11:30 - I thought the registration times were based on GPA? But I'm not sure... although it doesn't really matter! Since they have a enough seats reserved for BSCP in most of the required courses :D

My registration time changed from 7am to 2:30pm is that normal??

My registration time changed from 7am to 2:30pm is that normal??
LOL yep I think so! Mine changed from 7am to 11:30. I thought it was a little weird that everyone had 7am registration times :p

LOL yep I think so! Mine changed from 7am to 11:30. I thought it was a little weird that everyone had 7am registration times :p

Oh, now that you guys mentioned it, I just took another look at my registration, and now it says 9:30am on July 9th for me.!

Getting off the waitlist any time would be great :D

Progressively.

Thanks for the info! Hope we all get off the waitlist early! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist. ;)

July 8th 11:30 - I thought the registration times were based on GPA? But I'm not sure... although it doesn't really matter! Since they have a enough seats reserved for BSCP in most of the required courses :D

Yes, times are set by your GPA. Useful if you wanted a particular STT; apart from that, it's irrelevant.

I was on the waitlist, and received a call today from the pharmacy department offering me admission! :)

@pharm4268 awww man im so jealous. congrats! Hoping the same thing will happen soon to rest of us waitlisters :3

I was on the waitlist, and received a call today from the pharmacy department offering me admission! :)

Wow really? Grats man! Little weird they called you since the waitlist email says "Whatever the final outcome of your application, you will be contacted via email."

By the way, has anyone taken MICB202 in summer school? Is it manageable?

whoa im taking MICB202 in the summer next week? you in my class? :p

Omg hahaha I think so!! :D Did you take any summer courses in first term?

nope! needed a month or two off! :p

i checked ratemyprof... she doesn't sound very easy :p i also skimmed through the intro of the textbook sounds kinda hard!

you guys in pharmacy?

Wow really? Grats man! Little weird they called you since the waitlist email says "Whatever the final outcome of your application, you will be contacted via email."

I know I was so confused why they called.. But they called me yesterday! Sooo happy!! I know yesterday i was the only one contacted. Next week maybe they will contact more people on the waitlist :)

I know I was so confused why they called.. But they called me yesterday! Sooo happy!! I know yesterday i was the only one contacted. Next week maybe they will contact more people on the waitlist :)

Congrats! Hopefully a few more of us waitlisters can get in as well. Did they send you an email as well?

hey guys,

in the email they mentioned to pay a $100 deposit.. i dont have any outstanding fees on ssc and im pretty sure i didnt pay it after accepting my offer a couple days ago.. any ideas?

nope! needed a month or two off! :p

i checked ratemyprof... she doesn't sound very easy :p i also skimmed through the intro of the textbook sounds kinda hard!

you guys in pharmacy?
Awww man we'll have to work hard then... you skimmed through some of the textbook already??? Haha I haven't even bought it yet! The course notes right?

LOL yeah I'm in pharmacy, I think figureskating13 is too :D aren't we all taking this course to get it out of the way for next year? :p

Who's teaching this summer? Tracy Kion?
Micb202 was one of my favorite courses, immunology ftw. Multiple answers are a bit tricky though, but nothing too bad, I do think it's doable in the summer and I'm pretty sure she will cut a few of the topics short.
The course is waaaay better than bio112, for you guys who took the course at ubc. A bit easier and way more interesting, IMHO

Awww man we'll have to work hard then... you skimmed through some of the textbook already??? Haha I haven't even bought it yet! The course notes right?

LOL yeah I'm in pharmacy, I think figureskating13 is too :D aren't we all taking this course to get it out of the way for next year? :p

hahaha yea skimmed the introduction to see what i was getting into... sounds a lot harder than bio 112

yea! i actaully wanted to do chem 233 but I wanted a break in the first sem so i did micb202 second sem instead :p

see you guys around ! :D

Yes, Tracy Kion!! Wow it was one of your favourite courses? Haha ok hopefully it isn't too bad then :D and yeah BIOL112 was pretty boring...

hahaha yea skimmed the introduction to see what i was getting into... sounds a lot harder than bio 112

yea! i actaully wanted to do chem 233 but I wanted a break in the first sem so i did micb202 second sem instead :p

see you guys around ! :D
Haha well... we'd have to take it eventually anyways :p might as well get it over with in a month.
I took chem233 first semester lol. Yeahhh see ya!! :D Maybe we can all like meet up or something! There are probably a bunch of people going into pharm in that class!

Yes, Tracy Kion!! Wow it was one of your favourite courses? Haha ok hopefully it isn't too bad then :D and yeah BIOL112 was pretty boring...

I actually had her for MICB 201 last term.
I'm not sure if it was her, or the fact that I didn't enjoy the course, or that it was early in the morning..
but nonetheless, I did not enjoy my time in that course... haaa..

BUTTTTT, I have heard from EVERYONE that 202 is a LOT better than 201!
:D

hey guys,

in the email they mentioned to pay a $100 deposit.. i dont have any outstanding fees on ssc and im pretty sure i didnt pay it after accepting my offer a couple days ago.. any ideas?

I was wondering this too! Where and when did you guys pay your deposit? Does it matter that SSC still says I'm eligible for BSC Year 2 along with BSCP Year 1?

Thanks!

I was wondering this too! Where and when did you guys pay your deposit? Does it matter that SSC still says I'm eligible for BSC Year 2 along with BSCP Year 1?

Thanks!

If you already paid for the $100 deposit for your BSc year 2 eligibility, I don't think you need to pay another 100 again.

If you already paid for the $100 deposit for your BSc year 2 eligibility, I don't think you need to pay another 100 again.

Hmm, the thing is, I never paid anything for the upcoming school year yet. This is why it's a bit confusing for me. SSC doesn't say I have any outstanding fees.