UCB mmi Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undecisiveone1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips on Berkeley's interview? I know they're doing the traditional interview and mmi. Will they ask questions related to healthcare laws or legal issues and will the mmi include scenarios to act out? Any tips or advice would be great :) I'm stressing over the mmi

Members don't see this ad.

Did they change the interview process within the last 7 years? 7 years ago, it was easy. No trick questions, just who are you, why optometry, why berkeley. As long as you can answers questions in an intelligible, direct manner, you'll be fine. Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it. Don't stress over it.

Did they change the interview process within the last 7 years? 7 years ago, it was easy. No trick questions, just who are you, why optometry, why berkeley. As long as you can answers questions in an intelligible, direct manner, you'll be fine. Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it. Don't stress over it.

It has indeed changed. Berkeley is the only school, as far as I know, which uses MMI's. Their interview day includes an interview (traditional and 2-3 MMI stations), a mock class (non-evaluative), a team activity, and an essay.

Members don't see this ad :)
It has indeed changed. Berkeley is the only school, as far as I know, which uses MMI's. Their interview day includes an interview (traditional and 2-3 MMI stations), a mock class (non-evaluative), a team activity, and an essay.

Do you have any advice for Berkeley? :)

I did attend one of the Berkeley opto-camps, though, and they dispensed pretty good interview advice. Message me if you have more specific questions!

Reactions: 1 user