UCD Dublin a good choice over US and Carib schools for livestock vet med?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MLouie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I applied to thirteen schools international and stateside and have received seat offers so far from SGU and UCD Dublin. So far I got rejected from Massey and Midwestern. I rejected an interview offer for Glasgow but will be going to Michigan State for an interview in December. I have yet to hear from IL, Purdue, Mississippi, Auburn, OK, and Iowa. I was wondering if despite getting admission into a US school, should I consider still going to Dublin (especially for a student highly interested in the agriculture sector)? How does a Carribean school like SGU compare in terms of academics and agriculture medicine? How does student life in Dublin compare? I didn't expect to get so many choices applying to vet school. Anyone's feedback is much appreciated!

P.S. anyone else heard back from UCD for 2019 class?

Members don't see this ad.

How does the cost of going overseas compare? Tuition and living expenses?

How does the cost of going overseas compare? Tuition and living expenses?

tuition for UCD should be similar to many US out of state schools. I've calculated UCD's entire four years tuition to be around 180,000 (without living and supplies expenses). Mi State is ridiculously expensive (about 230,000 dollars tuition alone). Living in Dublin is quite pricey though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I applied to thirteen schools international and stateside and have received seat offers so far from SGU and UCD Dublin. So far I got rejected from Massey and Midwestern. I rejected an interview offer for Glasgow but will be going to Michigan State for an interview in December. I have yet to hear from IL, Purdue, Mississippi, Auburn, OK, and Iowa. I was wondering if despite getting admission into a US school, should I consider still going to Dublin (especially for a student highly interested in the agriculture sector)? How does a Carribean school like SGU compare in terms of academics and agriculture medicine? How does student life in Dublin compare? I didn't expect to get so many choices applying to vet school. Anyone's feedback is much appreciated!

P.S. anyone else heard back from UCD for 2019 class?

If you are looking at a vet education that is ag based then UCD is definitely one to consider. UCD is very large animal/food animal based in its education, so I would not rule it out since you got in. The climate between SGU and UCD is quite different as you can imagine - Carribean v mild climate. I do not know how SGU's ag med holds up, so someone going there would have to chime in.

I don't have time right now to answer fully, but if you have any specific questions about UCD feel free to ask away & I will answer when I get a second.

Dublin's living expenses costs...ouch.
It's one of the reasons I chose Glasgow over it. It's a great school though.

Dublin's living expenses costs...ouch.
It's one of the reasons I chose Glasgow over it. It's a great school though.

I figured Glasgow would be more expensive due to the US/UK exchange rate which is 1.6 dollars per pound as opposed to 1.25 dollars per euro. But yeah, Dublin does seem very expensive to live in, but I'll bite the bullet as long as I'm sure the program is highly reputable and prepare me for a life of competent medical practice. A lot of friends told me I should take the effort and money to actually visit the campus and city before matriculating. Anyone else think that is a good idea?

If you are looking at a vet education that is ag based then UCD is definitely one to consider. UCD is very large animal/food animal based in its education, so I would not rule it out since you got in. The climate between SGU and UCD is quite different as you can imagine - Carribean v mild climate. I do not know how SGU's ag med holds up, so someone going there would have to chime in.

I don't have time right now to answer fully, but if you have any specific questions about UCD feel free to ask away & I will answer when I get a second.

If it is at all possible, could you give me a quick review of what you like and don't like about the Dublin vet program or studying at Dublin? Do your first three years incorporate hands on/ practical learning often? As for climate... where I come from (Great Lakes area Northern Indiana), the weather sucks for a big chunk of the year and there is mostly overcast. Ireland would be an improvement regardless.

I also got an offer from UCD, but I haven't received the official email or physical letter for the invite offer. Has anyone else got theirs yet? It makes me a little nervous that mine hasn't come yet...

Also about the carribean school...some professionals I have talked to call this the 'predator school'. They told me that the carribean school accepts pretty much anyone, and charges outrageously priced tuition. I was also informed of some professors that left the program because they didn't like how it was taught, and some of the faculty. So basically, I've heard nothing but negative information about the school. Sorry to be a Debbie downer!

Also about the carribean school...some professionals I have talked to call this the 'predator school'. They told me that the carribean school accepts pretty much anyone, and charges outrageously priced tuition. I was also informed of some professors that left the program because they didn't like how it was taught, and some of the faculty. So basically, I've heard nothing but negative information about the school. Sorry to be a Debbie downer!
Now please keep in mind that I am not yet a veterinary student and am basing my opinions strictly off of research and several professional opinions from both veterinarians and students I know, but you seem to be a bit of an ill informed Debbie downer. When you say "the Caribbean school" are you referring to Sgu specifically? With regards to tuition, sgu currently stands at approx 36k a year, and while living expenses are going to likely be higher, the oos tuition at many in us schools is significantly more. For example mn and Ohio. Additionally, sgu"s class sizes ( even with both January and August start dates) seem to hover around 100 students. Schools like Ohio and iowa typically take around 160 and. 140 respectively... Not a hugely significant difference. so while sgu seems to adopt a more holistic admittance practice, I highly doubt they accept basically anyone who applies. There also seems to have been a peaked interest in the past few years with their AVMA accreditation. Since you quoted the phrase "predator school" I'm wondering if you're just going off the opinion of one or two doctors with a biased opinion?

Honestly you will probably encounter this anywhere... I've met doctors who dislike newer vet schools like western, Midwestern and Lincoln memorial and I've even met one with a strong distaste for Tufts. Is there an actual reasonable basis behind the bias? Maybe, maybe not.

Hopefully my longest winded post to date (excuse any typos, the iPhone is a poor substitute for a computer) inspires you to poke around school info a little on your own. I may be not entirely right myself, just sharing some things I've learned during My first application process!

Reactions: 3 users
I also got an offer from UCD, but I haven't received the official email or physical letter for the invite offer. Has anyone else got theirs yet? It makes me a little nervous that mine hasn't come yet...

When I received my application status change, I was puzzled too. So I just emailed them to confirm that I in fact have been offered a seat. I got a couple emails back the first business day of the week telling me I in fact was accepted, and another email congratulating me with acceptance letter. The acceptance letter came in through snail mail a couple weeks later. So for you it probably wouldn't hurt to ask through email. They are more than happy to respond back.

Now please keep in mind that I am not yet a veterinary student and am basing my opinions strictly off of research and several professional opinions from both veterinarians and students I know, but you seem to be a bit of an ill informed Debbie downer. When you say "the Caribbean school" are you referring to Sgu specifically? With regards to tuition, sgu currently stands at approx 36k a year, and while living expenses are going to likely be higher, the oos tuition at many in us schools is significantly more. For example mn and Ohio. Additionally, sgu"s class sizes ( even with both January and August start dates) seem to hover around 100 students. Schools like Ohio and iowa typically take around 160 and. 140 respectively... Not a hugely significant difference. so while sgu seems to adopt a more holistic admittance practice, I highly doubt they accept basically anyone who applies. There also seems to have been a peaked interest in the past few years with their AVMA accreditation. Since you quoted the phrase "predator school" I'm wondering if you're just going off the opinion of one or two doctors with a biased opinion?

Honestly you will probably encounter this anywhere... I've met doctors who dislike newer vet schools like western, Midwestern and Lincoln memorial and I've even met one with a strong distaste for Tufts. Is there an actual reasonable basis behind the bias? Maybe, maybe not.

Hopefully my longest winded post to date (excuse any typos, the iPhone is a poor substitute for a computer) inspires you to poke around school info a little on your own. I may be not entirely right myself, just sharing some things I've learned during My first application process!

I have to agree with FLhorsegirl. SGU is AVMA accredited, and all OOS schools are going to be in the same range of very high tuition costs. I've even heard that many students from SGU actually have an upper hand over stateside students on their clinical years because they have surgical and clinical experience long before many stateside students do. And I've heard negative opinions from professionals about certain established stateside schools. Opinions can vary greatly and sometimes they are based on fact, sometimes they are not. Graduates from the Caribbean often have to prove that they are just as capable to the job, if not more, as any graduate from the mainland (and quite often they are). Also with SGU's recent accreditation, it is getting a little more competitive each year to get a seat in their class.

I've even heard that many students from SGU actually have an upper hand over stateside students on their clinical years because they have surgical and clinical experience long before many stateside students do.

This had been said quite a bit and is another one of those things that are myth. Yes, maybe there is a school here or there that doesn't give as much hands on but most schools you will get surgery experience and clinical experience before fourth year. The rest though is spot on, different people will have different opinions on people from whatever school based on their past experiences. SGU is a great school that will give a good vet education and so are the state schools and the UK/EU schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. I'm applying to UCDublin vet med for 2017, and was wondering if offered admission, when you have to accept it by? I'm applying to Guelph too but that is my first choice- I want to wait to hear about guelph before responding to UCD if offered admission. Thanks!

Hi. I'm applying to UCDublin vet med for 2017, and was wondering if offered admission, when you have to accept it by? I'm applying to Guelph too but that is my first choice- I want to wait to hear about guelph before responding to UCD if offered admission. Thanks!

I was accepted for Dublin's graduate entry next fall(C/o 2021). In the acceptance letter it said we have until April 17th to accept the offer. They also attached a letter to the email from AAVMC which includes

"no AAVMC member institution will require any applicant to make a decision about admission before April 15 of each year"

This is so we can hear back from every school and make the best decision

Congrats! When did you get accepted? You only hear from Guelph by June, so I'm hoping I don't have to make a decision until then (if I get in...). Did you have an interview? Or did they just offer it to you on the spot?

Congrats! When did you get accepted? You only hear from Guelph by June, so I'm hoping I don't have to make a decision until then (if I get in...). Did you have an interview? Or did they just offer it to you on the spot?

I heard back from them at the end of December. I was given a conditional offer. I'm currently taking cell bio which would be the last pre req. Maybe you can defer from Dublin or something along the lines of that?

Yeah, I guess it'll really depend on when the 2,000 deposit is due. Did you end up accepting their offer?

Yeah, I guess it'll really depend on when the 2,000 deposit is due. Did you end up accepting their offer?

Not yet. I'm going to the meeting in NYC on the 24. I'm still waiting on two more schools also but I'm leaning towards Dublin regardless of those schools' decisions

Not yet. I'm going to the meeting in NYC on the 24. I'm still waiting on two more schools also but I'm leaning towards Dublin regardless of those schools' decisions
I couldn't go to the info session in san fran, did I miss anything important that you can't find on their website?

I couldn't go to the info session in san fran, did I miss anything important that you can't find on their website?

Long story short but all incoming flights were grounded in the NYC area 30 minutes before my scheduled departure. By the time my mom and I got to the city, it was too late :(
I did email Eva and Belinda explaining the circumstances because of the RSVP. I'm hoping Eva will send me info from the presentation. You could try emailing her as well asking for more information. I know she's super nice and helpful!

I have also applied to OVC and Dublin! I have been wondering the same thing. From what I have heard though, you will need to put a deposit on UCD and then if you happen to get into OVC you just lose the deposit (which in the whole scheme of things is not much compared to paying international tuition right?! lol)

Did you attend UofG for your undergrad?

I have also applied to OVC and Dublin! I have been wondering the same thing. From what I have heard though, you will need to put a deposit on UCD and then if you happen to get into OVC you just lose the deposit (which in the whole scheme of things is not much compared to paying international tuition right?! lol)

Did you attend UofG for your undergrad?
Yeah exactly! I'll just lose the deposit if that's how the timing works out- such a small price to pay for going to OVC in the end.
I went to Queen's for my undergrad and Western for my Master's but am applying in the undergrad cohort because I don't want to have to compete with PhD students. Where did you go?

Something that frustrated me with Dublin is that the info session was held in the middle of interviews. Mine was before the info sesh, so I didn't have as a good of an outline of the school as other people going into their interview which I think put me at a disadvantage (I didn't even mention I wanted to do a PhD after my DVM because I didn't know about their new push to get students into research). Just needed to vent lol

Not too sure how long ago everyone applied- but does anyone know how to submit the UCD payment for the application? I don't see any button on there to submit the payment where my application is. My bank will not allow me to transfer payments internationally either. Any help would be appreciated.

I didn't even mention I wanted to do a PhD after my DVM because I didn't know about their new push to get students into research

I found that on their website when I was writing my Dublin specific personal statement. After my acceptance email, I got a separate email from the associate dean about opportunities to join research programs and having them fulfill extramural studies requirements! I was hoping to join a combined program but this is the best scenario for me considering my options

Not too sure how long ago everyone applied- but does anyone know how to submit the UCD payment for the application? I don't see any button on there to submit the payment where my application is. My bank will not allow me to transfer payments internationally either. Any help would be appreciated.

I'd email Eva about that. I'm waiting to hear back from all schools, juuust in case a miracle happens and I get into my #1

Yeah exactly! I'll just lose the deposit if that's how the timing works out- such a small price to pay for going to OVC in the end.
I went to Queen's for my undergrad and Western for my Master's but am applying in the undergrad cohort because I don't want to have to compete with PhD students. Where did you go?

Something that frustrated me with Dublin is that the info session was held in the middle of interviews. Mine was before the info sesh, so I didn't have as a good of an outline of the school as other people going into their interview which I think put me at a disadvantage (I didn't even mention I wanted to do a PhD after my DVM because I didn't know about their new push to get students into research). Just needed to vent lol

I went to Guelph! I also had my interview the day before the information session, so I totally agree with you and feel your pain! How do you think your interview went? Would be so nice to know a fellow Ontario student in Ireland if I end up there (because I dont have high hopes for how competitive OVC is...).

I went to Guelph! I also had my interview the day before the information session, so I totally agree with you and feel your pain! How do you think your interview went? Would be so nice to know a fellow Ontario student in Ireland if I end up there (because I dont have high hopes for how competitive OVC is...).
Ok good, I'm not alone! I thought it went OK considering I didn't have all the info about the university. How about you? They were soo nice eh?
It would be really nice to know another person from Ontario =) I really like that in your 1st year they put you in an all north american residence (and the residences looked so nice...probably expensive too though).

I got rejected from OVC last year in the grad cohort, so I'm gonna try the undergrad cohort this year. I have a 92 average so I'm hopeful, but it would be nice to have a backup going into the interview. Also, I got an email from Barabara today- it said I still needed a micobiology pre-req to be completed before September (which I knew) and she 'strongly advises me to enrol in it ASAP.' Suggestive right? I think we'll hear this week about offers.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd email Eva about that. I'm waiting to hear back from all schools, juuust in case a miracle happens and I get into my #1
What's your #1? Also any idea how many international students already have offers from UCD...it's hard to find numbers anywhere.

Ok good, I'm not alone! I thought it went OK considering I didn't have all the info about the university. How about you? They were soo nice eh?
It would be really nice to know another person from Ontario =) I really like that in your 1st year they put you in an all north american residence (and the residences looked so nice...probably expensive too though).

I got rejected from OVC last year in the grad cohort, so I'm gonna try the undergrad cohort this year. I have a 92 average so I'm hopeful, but it would be nice to have a backup going into the interview. Also, I got an email from Barabara today- it said I still needed a micobiology pre-req to be completed before September (which I knew) and she 'strongly advises me to enrol in it ASAP.' Suggestive right? I think we'll hear this week about offers.

I think the interview went really well too, they were SO nice! It sounds like you have a really good shot with OVC, a 92 wow!! It sounds like the grad cohort is almost getting more difficult than the undergrad now. I only have an 85 so I don't feel very confident that I will even get an interview, but we will see! I also need to get microbiology, but I kind of wanted a conditional offer before I dish out all the money for the course. I am hoping we hear soon... I kind of want to ask when we should expect to hear but I dont want to be pushy.

In regards to the residence, I think I like the idea of it because you are in a new country and it gives you a chance to be there for a year and decide where you want to find an apartment etc... but I am still on the fence because I haven't lived in a residence since 1st year of university and I was okay with that being my only experience with it lol!! I wasn't aware that it was an all NA students housed together, thats nice!

I think the interview went really well too, they were SO nice! It sounds like you have a really good shot with OVC, a 92 wow!! It sounds like the grad cohort is almost getting more difficult than the undergrad now. I only have an 85 so I don't feel very confident that I will even get an interview, but we will see! I also need to get microbiology, but I kind of wanted a conditional offer before I dish out all the money for the course. I am hoping we hear soon... I kind of want to ask when we should expect to hear but I dont want to be pushy.

In regards to the residence, I think I like the idea of it because you are in a new country and it gives you a chance to be there for a year and decide where you want to find an apartment etc... but I am still on the fence because I haven't lived in a residence since 1st year of university and I was okay with that being my only experience with it lol!! I wasn't aware that it was an all NA students housed together, thats nice!
Yeah, I just have to do well on the interview! I had an 86 average and got it up to a 92 just by going back for one semester (by bringing up my lowest pre-req marks + last 2 semester marks). If you get into UCD but not guelph will you go to UCD? Or will you defer and try one more time at guelph? You can definitely get an interview- and if you do you'll just have to kill it (which is totally doable) - and then you'll be in! Did you sign up for the MMI prep sessions?

Did they ask you at your UCD interview about whether you enrolled in micro yet/ tell you to enrol in it ASAP? Just like you said, I'm not going to enrol in it until I have a conditional offer.

For the res's, I think they said it's either an international / north american res. I think it would be a bit better than a 1st year res- the rooms look bigger and you only share a bathroom with 4 people vs a whole floor. And you have a kitchen, so probably no dining hall? And if it's other international students that are in grad-entry programs, I doubt it will be as messy and drunk as 1st year res haha.

Yeah, I just have to do well on the interview! I had an 86 average and got it up to a 92 just by going back for one semester (by bringing up my lowest pre-req marks + last 2 semester marks). If you get into UCD but not guelph will you go to UCD? Or will you defer and try one more time at guelph? You can definitely get an interview- and if you do you'll just have to kill it (which is totally doable) - and then you'll be in! Did you sign up for the MMI prep sessions?

Did they ask you at your UCD interview about whether you enrolled in micro yet/ tell you to enrol in it ASAP? Just like you said, I'm not going to enrol in it until I have a conditional offer.

For the res's, I think they said it's either an international / north american res. I think it would be a bit better than a 1st year res- the rooms look bigger and you only share a bathroom with 4 people vs a whole floor. And you have a kitchen, so probably no dining hall? And if it's other international students that are in grad-entry programs, I doubt it will be as messy and drunk as 1st year res haha.
I had my interview on Jan. 27 in San Francisco, they were super nice but as I am a much older student with a background in Nursing I knew I had to do fantastic on the interview. I couldn't really tell, I was in there for 45 minutes and they took tons of notes. Anyone hear back yet since the interviews?

What's your #1? Also any idea how many international students already have offers from UCD...it's hard to find numbers anywhere.
Sorry!! Just realized I never responded on here! My #1 was Penn but Dublin is more cost effective despite flights and rent. I know of three on here that have received offers, including me. A recent grad from my school has also received an offer. I don't know if that helps with your question or not though. On my letter it said they were looking to add 40 people for the 4 year program. Bronwyn was super nice when she called and helped answer a lot of my questions. If y'all have any you should definitely email her or Eva if you're accepted or when you do get accepted ;)

Yeah I will definitely go to UCD if I don't get into OVC, even though it's my first year applying I am going to be 25 and I don't want to take the gamble of waiting another year and still maybe not getting into OVC. So in april that is where my deposit will go! I just hope I have the chance to interview with OVC, it will all depend on the applicant pool right? Nowadays with OVC an 85 is considered low... even though all of my veterinary mentors whom I consider AMAZING professionals, got in with grades between 83 and 86, it's changed so much!! I didn't sign up for the prep sessions because I feel like they may actually stress me out more lol What do you think? I did an MMI interview for RVC which I am hoping will be somewhat similar.

They didn't ask me at the interview about micro, but James Gibbons approached me at the information night and asked me if I was planning on signing up for it. I also asked Bronwyn when she emailed me my informal offer if I should go ahead and sign up now and she said yes. So on Monday I am registering in the University of New Brunswick Clinical Microbiology course. But I am still hesitant to register until my formal offer comes through.... haha

I think I would probably live in res the first year to save the stress of finding an apartment over there right away, and be able to meet people etc...It all still seems very surreal, and honestly I am still really hoping I get into OVC, but there are some amazing benefits to studying internationally too.

I was at the Jan. 26th info session and they talked about Grad students being in their own residence which is nice. They reviewed more in depth the semester break-downs. It was a nice evening. A couple of former students spoke as well and that was informative. Now just a matter of waiting for decision post-interview, after meeting a few of the other attendees I am afraid that being wait listed is the best I can hope for.

I was at the Jan. 26th info session and they talked about Grad students being in their own residence which is nice. They reviewed more in depth the semester break-downs. It was a nice evening. A couple of former students spoke as well and that was informative. Now just a matter of waiting for decision post-interview, after meeting a few of the other attendees I am afraid that being wait listed is the best I can hope for.
You're probably fine! My stats weren't too impressive

You're probably fine! My stats weren't too impressive
My Bachelor is in Nursing and I have tons of Emergency/Trauma and Neuro experience, not much vet related, but my Math and Chemistry stats are not stellar.

You did get an offer though right?
Yup! Got it in November. It's conditional though... as long as I pass cell bio and maintain my GPA. The GPA I'm not worried about though because it's risen a lot since my transcript was sent in for VMCAS

Yup! Got it in November. It's conditional though... as long as I pass cell bio and maintain my GPA. The GPA I'm not worried about though because it's risen a lot since my transcript was sent in for VMCAS
I took an extra Chem class in the Fall and did not do well, I passed with no problem but it had been 18 years since my previous Chems. I am taking Physics right now and doing fine, I just need Bio Chem. I have A&P I and II, and Micro, which was my favorite class, and we studied cell bio in Nursing classes. I did point that out during interview, may get in as an undergrad but seems like a long shot.

Yeah I will definitely go to UCD if I don't get into OVC, even though it's my first year applying I am going to be 25 and I don't want to take the gamble of waiting another year and still maybe not getting into OVC. So in april that is where my deposit will go! I just hope I have the chance to interview with OVC, it will all depend on the applicant pool right? Nowadays with OVC an 85 is considered low... even though all of my veterinary mentors whom I consider AMAZING professionals, got in with grades between 83 and 86, it's changed so much!! I didn't sign up for the prep sessions because I feel like they may actually stress me out more lol What do you think? I did an MMI interview for RVC which I am hoping will be somewhat similar.

They didn't ask me at the interview about micro, but James Gibbons approached me at the information night and asked me if I was planning on signing up for it. I also asked Bronwyn when she emailed me my informal offer if I should go ahead and sign up now and she said yes. So on Monday I am registering in the University of New Brunswick Clinical Microbiology course. But I am still hesitant to register until my formal offer comes through.... haha

I think I would probably live in res the first year to save the stress of finding an apartment over there right away, and be able to meet people etc...It all still seems very surreal, and honestly I am still really hoping I get into OVC, but there are some amazing benefits to studying internationally too.
I'm in the same boat. I'm 26 and ready to start vet school. This means I will be 30 when I graduate- I gotta get this show on the road! I applied to guelph last year and got an interview. It was through the grad cohort, so was with the same 2 people and 1/2 MMI and 1/2 standard. From my studying, I actually was totally prepared for the MMI questions they asked (I studied for those exact questions). AND I was prepared for every question from the standard part. In the grad cohort, they don't quantify your interview mark. But they said I did 'good'. So this year, if I want to do great, I feel like I need as much insight & advice as possible because I don't think I will be able to do any better studying on my own.

The stats at OVC are intimidating for sure. I have a 92 and am definitely not guaranteed a place. That's why it's so nice to have a backup. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed for guelph and also that the euro gets weaker just in case lol.

For micro, Bronwyn said I needed an A. I don't know if that was specific to me or not. I also don't know what they consider an A there. Does anyone know?

I had my interview on Jan. 27 in San Francisco, they were super nice but as I am a much older student with a background in Nursing I knew I had to do fantastic on the interview. I couldn't really tell, I was in there for 45 minutes and they took tons of notes. Anyone hear back yet since the interviews?
I heard back today at 4am lol. So you should hear soon! Fingers crossed for you =) AND if you do get wait-listed, most people I talked to are also trying to get into to state/provincial schools (including me), so I think a lot of spots will open up in May /June when we start hearing from those.

I heard back today at 4am lol. So you should hear soon! Fingers crossed for you =) AND if you do get wait-listed, most people I talked to are also trying to get into to state/provincial schools (including me), so I think a lot of spots will open up in May /June when we start hearing from those.
By email I assume? Did you get in? I got an email about sending my most recent transcripts, cut-off is Aug. 1. What day did you interview? I would most likely be undergrad, really nervous now. I dread going home and getting the mail. Have my Physics class tonight after work and I will have an hour each way to worry.

I'm in the same boat. I'm 26 and ready to start vet school. This means I will be 30 when I graduate- I gotta get this show on the road! I applied to guelph last year and got an interview. It was through the grad cohort, so was with the same 2 people and 1/2 MMI and 1/2 standard. From my studying, I actually was totally prepared for the MMI questions they asked (I studied for those exact questions). AND I was prepared for every question from the standard part. In the grad cohort, they don't quantify your interview mark. But they said I did 'good'. So this year, if I want to do great, I feel like I need as much insight & advice as possible because I don't think I will be able to do any better studying on my own.

The stats at OVC are intimidating for sure. I have a 92 and am definitely not guaranteed a place. That's why it's so nice to have a backup. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed for guelph and also that the euro gets weaker just in case lol.

For micro, Bronwyn said I needed an A. I don't know if that was specific to me or not. I also don't know what they consider an A there. Does anyone know?
You are in a better place than me LOL. I'm 56 and will be in my early 60's when I graduate. The thought of retirement freaks me out, I would lose my mind LOL

By email I assume? Did you get in? I got an email about sending my most recent transcripts, cut-off is Aug. 1. What day did you interview? I would most likely be undergrad, really nervous now. I dread going home and getting the mail. Have my Physics class tonight after work and I will have an hour each way to worry.
Yep, I heard by email. I got a conditional offer for the 4 year program- I still need micro as a pre-req. I interviewed on Jan 26th in san fran. I doubt you will get anything in the mail anytime soon- you will definitely get an email first. The email with my offer was from Bronwyn, and she said to expect another email with more details from the international office soon. Are you mailing your transcripts over? Just wanted to check, because they told me unofficial transcripts emailed to them was fine, and official ones would need to be sent after you are accepted if that's the case.

Also, I think I have a decent chance at my provincial school and will 100% be taking it if I get an offer- so a good chance my spot will open up (just in case you get wait-listed)!

An A- at UCD is generally 70% and up, which may seem low from the US system but they mark harder percentage wise here generally than US schools so it's adjusted. It's possible she meant an A with whatever grading your course uses.
Here's a link to the grade scale for modules with a 50% pass mark, which is the majority of the modules in UCD vet but some have higher. One we have this semester is 60% to pass and one exam last semester was 70% for a pass so obviously it's adjusted then depending on where the passing % is.
http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/Graduate Grade Descriptors.pdf

Yep, I heard by email. I got a conditional offer for the 4 year program- I still need micro as a pre-req. I interviewed on Jan 26th in san fran. I doubt you will get anything in the mail anytime soon- you will definitely get an email first. The email with my offer was from Bronwyn, and she said to expect another email with more details from the international office soon. Are you mailing your transcripts over? Just wanted to check, because they told me unofficial transcripts emailed to them was fine, and official ones would need to be sent after you are accepted if that's the case.

Also, I think I have a decent chance at my provincial school and will 100% be taking it if I get an offer- so a good chance my spot will open up (just in case you get wait-listed)!
Got my email this morning, denial. I will keep taking classes and try again. Bothers me a bit that nursing classes and experience are not viewed for what they are, I mean we keep people alive and in Emergency/Trauma nursing do some pretty intense training and procedures. Sigh.

Got my email this morning, denial. I will keep taking classes and try again. Bothers me a bit that nursing classes and experience are not viewed for what they are, I mean we keep people alive and in Emergency/Trauma nursing do some pretty intense training and procedures. Sigh.

I interviewed on the same day as you but I haven't heard back from them yet....getting nervous :(

It might be class specific or case by case like you mentioned. Bronwyn didn't specify the grade I needed for cell bio. She did mention I need to maintain my GPA though.

I'm sorry to hear that. They are quite specific about what they want which is frustrating. For example, I said I had large animal experience and they were disappointed I did not have more cattle experience specifically even though I had experience with other ruminants.

Have you thought about applying to ROSS? A good option if you have taken the GRE and I think it's slightly less competitive.