Ucla Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

kriss

Hi Friends....

I'm Sure A Lot Many Would Have Applied For Ucla...jus Wanted 2 Start A Thread To Gather Info, Regarding The No. Of Students Called...questions Asked In The Interview...especially Info Regarding The Dextirity Test!!!!so Guys..go Ahead & Post The Info...i'm Sure It Will Help Us All.....thank U
Kriss

Members don't see this ad.

I am waiting for the interview call.

When is the interview date?

Hi,
I have also applied to UCLA.. waiting for the interview call!! good luck to others who are in the same boat as me!!

Members don't see this ad :)
did not hear anything from ucla, ucsf and uop.. yet :(

i dont think UOP and UCla have started sending their interview calls

Same here....haven't heard from them yet....has anyone???? :confused:
Best wishes to all...
E

generally UCSF and UOP interviiews are immediately one after another, thts wht i have heard. so dont u guys think its about time uop sent their interviews calls?

I called UCLA & UOP they said we can expect interview letters by this month end If selected, I'm just crossing my fingers and waiting for it to come. :thumbup:

kriss said:
I called UCLA & UOP they said we can expect interview letters by this month end If selected, I'm just crossing my fingers and waiting for it to come. :thumbup:
Hi,
Last year UCLA and UCSF has their interviews consequtively, i mean Wed-Friday at UCLA and next Mon-Friday at UCSF. I think everyone knows, that UCLA calls very less people, i mean the top 25 applicants and they have theory exam, lot of preps. Theory exam is so different as they have short ansewrs and MCQ's and some funny stuff too.

All the best

International

hey guys,
I just talked to Nate, the program co-ordinator at UCLA and he said that they are going to send out the call letters for the interviews late this week.
best wishes to all as alwayz :thumbup:

hey folks i just got a mail from ucla for the interview . its on email.
its frm nov 8-10
i will give u details whn i get my snail mail
i think u need to pay300$

hi ann,
congrats!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
did u get an interview call from ucsf?
thank u
mandakki

Members don't see this ad :)
congrates for call.can u tell me what was ur gpa by ece.
appreciated and thanx in advance.all the best.

thanks mandakki, and pink
i didnt get an interview call from ucsf yet. they say tht they haventreceived my ndbe scores yet , i confirmed from ada tht it hs been sent on sept15
and also 10days back whn i called barbara she said she located my official scores, but yesterday whn i called her she said she didnt have it :rolleyes: i havent an extra copy which i had with me by priority mail. lets see wht happens,did u get an interview call?

hey ann,
if u dont mind can u tell us your national board scores and dental experience.
congrats on getting a call from ucla.

hi,
i too got an interview call via email from nov 8-10.
Ann 03 said:
hey folks i just got a mail from ucla for the interview . its on email.
its frm nov 8-10
i will give u details whn i get my snail mail
i think u need to pay300$

Congratulation Ann...

I am sure I can see you there.
Yesterday, I got the email from Nate.

Ann, do you have any idea how many canditates do they call for interview?

All the best and Keep in touch.

well last yr thr were 25 candidates. i am not sure how many thr will be this time
i guess depends on the number of seats they have

u have a grt score and gpa.they have called 22-25 students this time and will select only 10.they have selected 2 stuents from last yr.
so all the best .do well.
hey arvind then whats ur plan?i hrd its a grt school.all the best.

thanks pink,
how do u know abtthe number of seats. i heard every year till now they have increased the number of seats . i was hoping they would do the same.
anybody who has given the interview or know about it,pls give us some insight about it. heard the interview is quite tough

Hello friends,
I did receive my interview call for UCLA today :)
Ann, solafide, & Aravind hope to meet u guys @UCLA
All the best to everyone :luck:

hey Guys...
I got an interview call too... As far as i have heard we have a dexterity test and a $300 for the exam. Do w really have written exam.

by the way my stats are
NBDE I - 88
NBDE II- 85
TOEFL- 260
GPA (ECE) - 3.93

THANKS AND REGARDS,
luvDent007

arvind r u attending?
can any1 tell us how good the program at ucla is?its a very recent program i think.

dentaldoc said:
Hello friends,
I did receive my interview call for UCLA today :)
Ann, solafide, & Aravind hope to meet u guys @UCLA
All the best to everyone :luck:

hi dental doc,
CONGRATS!!! :thumbup: on getting the interview call.....did u get an email or the most popularly known snail mail? ALL THE BEST FOR THE INTERVIEW :luck:

kriss said:
hi dental doc,
CONGRATS!!! :thumbup: on getting the interview call.....did u get an email or the most popularly known snail mail? ALL THE BEST FOR THE INTERVIEW :luck:

Hi,
Thanks :) ..I got the Email and yet to receive the snail mail.

Guys,
Do any one have any idea about how many they r calling for interview this year?..I read some where that last year they called 25 for 12 seats.
But this year they said they have only 9 seats and when I asked how many they r interviewing they said that they r not supposed to let us know :rolleyes:

But my intution is that they r calling more than 25 this year..do any one have any idea?

hi dental doc,
did u call them? r we supposed to call them b4 we get the snail mail? by whn do we have to pay the300 $
9 seats ghosh its really reduced this

hi ann,
i am not attebding any of the westcoast interviews.i have an admission in tufts and BU and awaiting a response from UPENN.
Ann 03 said:
arvind r u attending?
can any1 tell us how good the program at ucla is?its a very recent program i think.

Ann 03 said:
hi dental doc,
did u call them? r we supposed to call them b4 we get the snail mail? by whn do we have to pay the300 $

Hi Ann,
Pls check ur PM.

cngratulations to arvind and ann :)

pips-chiks said:
cngratulations to arvind and ann :)
Hi guys i am also waiting for the call. Does anybody know wat kind of written exam do they offer at ucla?

Sanju said:
hi all,

i got the mail today for the UCLA interview. hope to see you guys there.

sanju
Hi Sanju, congrats
Did u get all the information in the mail. is it an e-mail or regular1

Sanju said:
hi all,

i got the mail today for the UCLA interview. hope to see you guys there.

sanju

congrats to all who got interview call. I am waiting for calls from ucsf and ucla........driving me crazy.
I talked with nate at ucla and he told me that he has sent interview calls to all the candidates today. If u don't get a call today then u r not invited.
I don't understand what r there selection criteria?
sometimes people with 8os r invited and those with 90s r rejected......
these unvs shd tell us what exactly they r looking for

Ann 03 said:
hi dental doc,

I called Nate y'day and he said he has sent the letters for the ppl to be interviewed. Regd the $300 money order he asked us to mail as early as possible to confirm a seat. I'm not sure whether they are into any first come first serve basis

hi!
I got interview call from UCLA too.

Hi I just got my interview for UCLA but it says for class commencing 2007??!?!?!??!!!??! can anyone help me here??? It is on the same dates that you guys are talking about

docontherun said:
Hi I just got my interview for UCLA but it says for class commencing 2007??!?!?!??!!!??! can anyone help me here??? It is on the same dates that you guys are talking about

Hello Docontherun...according to ur quote...I just checked my mail....it said "commencing in June of 2007." ...called Nate...he said it was a mistake and he implied the batch whcih starts the program on JUNE 2005 and due to complete the course on June 2007.

Confirmed with Nate that we have a written exam. He will be sending those details in the invitation letter and be posting it by tomorrow.

hi guys,

I got an e-mail from them saying that i have been accepted for the interview, and they said that i would be getting my mail soon.Isnt that great.I never accpeted an interview from them , i heard that its a great school.
I thought that they have 12 seats but i guess i could be wrong.

Hey guys let me know if they have a written test.i havent heard of one, but again i could be wrong.I am planning to call them today and find out.Will let you guys know.
best of luck to all you guys.
take care

hi guys

i got an email from UCLA too , i am also invited for the interview... I am really confused as to how many seats are there and what is the pattern of written and practical exam.. any help would be really great

All the best

Take care

hey you guys already sent the fees of $ 300 to ucla, or waiting to get snail mail. Do we have to reply imidiately for interview acceptance email. AS i didnt respond yet to them pls let me know.

ivshah said:
hey you guys already sent the fees of $ 300 to ucla, or waiting to get snail mail. Do we have to reply imidiately for interview acceptance email. AS i didnt respond yet to them pls let me know.

Yeah, U have to let them know that u r coming for the interview...U don't have to wait for the snail mail :luck:

Does any one has idea, how many people did they call at UCLA. Last year they called 24 for 12 seats.
All the best

International

international said:
Does any one has idea, how many people did they call at UCLA. Last year they called 24 for 12 seats.
All the best

International

I guess they r calling 35-40 for 9 seats this time. Not sure though.

:eek: 35-40 people for 9 seats? r they crazy? y the sudden increase?
r u sure about the 9 seats though? i counted 11 people on sdn. any1 else coming forthe interview?

Ann 03 said:
:eek: 35-40 people for 9 seats? r they crazy? y the sudden increase?
r u sure about the 9 seats though? i counted 11 people on sdn. any1 else coming forthe interview?

Yes Ann I am sure abt 9 seats(that's what Nate told me)....and they r calling more than 25 becos last year they had 1 vacant seat (inspite of calling 25 for the interview!) and so they have to conduct another interview to fill that seat....

Dang that's scary competitive.

dane4695 said:
Dang that's scary competitive.
Hi,
i was just wondering why they decreased the number of seats.
R u sure about this.
All the best

International

hi,

its true that they are taking only 9 people this year.I had spoken to Nate and he told me the same thing.
What i dont know is how many people they are calling for the interview.I guess when we go there we will find out.

lets all hope for the best

take care

hey at what address u guys send your $ 300 fees

ucla school of dentistry
10833 Le conte ave
Los ageles, CA 90095.

Pls confirm it
thanks.