UCSF Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any one who was on the UCSF alternate list get in? Do you know what are the chances of being accepted from Alternate List or how many people are on the list?
I am trying to figure out if it is wise to wait or I should go on with my life.

Members don't see this ad.

Dentic said:
Did any one who was on the UCSF alternate list get in? Do you know what are the chances of being accepted from Alternate List or how many people are on the list?
I am trying to figure out if it is wise to wait or I should go on with my life.

80-90 students are alternates
I think the class is at 88
I don't know how wise it is to wait- the only schools I can imagine anyone choosing over UCSF are UCLA (maybe- they are basically equal), Harvard, Columbia, maybe Upenn?
Either way- I am still waiting- crossing my fingers- and praying for that call

I just withdrew my acceptance. Someone is gonna get one lucky call soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
SusyGrnbrg said:
80-90 students are alternates
I think the class is at 88
I don't know how wise it is to wait- the only schools I can imagine anyone choosing over UCSF are UCLA (maybe- they are basically equal), Harvard, Columbia, maybe Upenn?
Either way- I am still waiting- crossing my fingers- and praying for that call
Typically how many people get off the waitlist do you know?

please keep us informed if any of you get in from alternate list or withdraw.

Dentic said:
please keep us informed if any of you get in from alternate list or withdraw.

Mrxle3 said:
I just withdrew my acceptance. Someone is gonna get one lucky call soon!

I also withdrew my acceptance but my status is still "Provisional Admit." I guess it's nearly impossible to successfully withdraw from UCSF. I also had a hard time withdrawing from USC. I withdrew from USC on Dec 1st but for some strange reason USC sent me an interview invitation after Dec 1st. I withdrew again before my interview. This time they confirmed that they received my email message and they even thanked me for letting them know in advance. A few days after that, USC sent me a rejection letter. :laugh: I withdrew from USC before my interview date & I didn't even go to my interview. hmmmmm...Very strange!!!!!!!!