UCSF interview thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yuqiangw

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, i think it's time to start a new thread of ucsf interview. anyone who has interviewed last year or have any info about their written exam and practical exam. Please post.. Thanks.. I haven't take NDBE part II. so please anyone let me know what they will test for the written exam.. Thanks..
tt

Members don't see this ad.

yuqiangw said:
hey, i think it's time to start a new thread of ucsf interview. anyone who has interviewed last year or have any info about their written exam and practical exam. Please post.. Thanks.. I haven't take NDBE part II. so please anyone let me know what they will test for the written exam.. Thanks..
tt

hi
have u got your interview call from UCSF?

yuqiangw said:
tt
Hi,
I think i posted in some other thread what they lok at UCSF.

All the best

International

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah. i got the letter. it's 6 days interview. 12-17th. is there anyone want to share rooms? please send me a message.
kriss said:
hi
have u got your interview call from UCSF?

Thanks, international. you are absolutely great!
international said:
Hi,
I think i posted in some other thread what they lok at UCSF.

All the best

International

Hi

Just wanted to know ..people who have got an interview letter from UCSF, when did u guys apply?? was it earlier in the process?what are the chances for somebody who applied on the last day?Is theirs rolling admissions?Are the chances better if u have applied earlier?

Guess, they should've sent out all the letters by now?Did anyone get to talk to Barbara last week?I have been trying in vain to reach her..

Would appreciate responses.

sum

interdenttx said:
i just applied ten days back

Hey interdent tx,

So, u applied around the 30th sep' too? just around the deadline?
When did u hear from them?
sum

I applied the last day too. sent by express mail on sept 29th. and i received the letter on sat. oct 15th.
hey, interdenttx, i know nothing about the written exam. they said it's pretty much like part II. I did not take part II so.. i am very stressed now. I am willing to share room. you have a email or number that i can contact you? you can send that to my private message.

hey guys, do u mind sharing ur part1 scores? maybe ucsf has a cut off score or something. my application reached 10 days b4 the last date. i dont know whts happening.

Best wishes to all those who have been called for an interview.
I wonder what the criterion are for being called for the interview, I applied about 5 days before the deadline and haven't heard from them yet....Ann03 hope u hear from them soon...best wishes and good luck....same goes to all the others waiting to hear from them. :thumbup:

part I 90
toefl 280
gpa 3.38
elementz said:
Best wishes to all those who have been called for an interview.
I wonder what the criterion are for being called for the interview, I applied about 5 days before the deadline and haven't heard from them yet....Ann03 hope u hear from them soon...best wishes and good luck....same goes to all the others waiting to hear from them. :thumbup:

nice to hear that many guys got inter. call.i got the letter today.
so see u all guys there.i think there r around 300 candidates for interv.
i m also stressed abt the theory exam.so pl.......s , pl....s anybody had gone thru last year for interv. or knows ant minute detail pls let us know.
ya and anybody wants to share a room.pls pm me.
bye guys take care.keep writing in this thread.

hey guys,
for all those who have been called for ucsf interview....do u know if there is any timeline for submitting the technical exam fees?
any info will be helpful
thanks...

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations to everyone who has got an interview call!

Could you please share ur scores....work experience...do all of u have a work experience here in the US??Is that a very important criterion?

sum

sum said:
Hi

Just wanted to know ..people who have got an interview letter from UCSF, when did u guys apply?? was it earlier in the process?what are the chances for somebody who applied on the last day?Is theirs rolling admissions?Are the chances better if u have applied earlier?

Guess, they should've sent out all the letters by now?Did anyone get to talk to Barbara last week?I have been trying in vain to reach her..

Would appreciate responses.

sum
you should have the letter by now I got it around Oct 10th and I sent it like 10 days before the deadline....I believe there is no rolling admission

pinkindia32 said:
nice to hear that many guys got inter. call.i got the letter today.
so see u all guys there.i think there r around 300 candidates for interv.
i m also stressed abt the theory exam.so pl.......s , pl....s anybody had gone thru last year for interv. or knows ant minute detail pls let us know.
ya and anybody wants to share a room.pls pm me.
bye guys take care.keep writing in this thread.

wow. are they calling 300 candidates?
I did not know that.
I heard that they called about 80 candidates last year.

anyway, good luck to you buddies.
we have to attatch our SDN ID on the chest to find out each other. :)

solafide74 said:
wow. are they calling 300 candidates?
I did not know that.
I heard that they called about 80 candidates last year.

anyway, good luck to you buddies.
we have to attatch our SDN ID on the chest to find out each other. :)
no solafide ,only 80 people are called. 300 people applied though

I have a plan to take flight from LA to SF, Yugi.

Ann, thank you for your answer.
I don't know what I have to study.
I am somewhat confused.
good luck ann

hey guys
anybody has thought of any transportation sin san f. if 3-4 guys hets ready we can rent a car.that will be easy for travelling for whole week.12nov. to 17 nov.reply me.take care.
i m planning to read just decks.so anybody interested in discussion.pm me.bye

hi pinkindia im also planning to do just the decks for the ucsf written test.im from atlanta too...would like to talk to u and find out if we can share a room or fly together to LA and SF.i send u an pm and also my phone number.will be waiting for ur call or mail...

Hi,

I just wanted to know when is the last date to confirm that you are attending the UCSF interview?

Thanks

interdenttx said:
hi everybody,i am also confused about the theory exam,any regarding exam preparation , please help me out, i am also looking to share a room for ucsf interview , i am from houston, i am waiting for ucla interview, i think its high time now to expect any interview call from ucla, but i can share a room in sf, i willl be waiting for the reply, any indians?
Hi,
As far as the theory exam, it will be 100% similar like Step 2. U will be given three book lets, one with questions, one with photographs and one with radiographs. So u have to see those booklets while answering the questions. I would suggest you to study the part 2 material. I know u guys dont have time, but u can browse the material.Coming to the practicals, as fas as i remember they ask 2 class 2 caitiy prep with one being restored.

All the best

International

hey guys isthr any1 not attending the ucsf interview?

hello,
i am neither attending UCSF nor UCLA.

Ann 03 said:
hey guys isthr any1 not attending the ucsf interview?

hey guys,
for all those who have been invited for interview at ucsf,do u know the deadline for paying $200 for the technical exam?
thanks.

ram7378 said:
Hi,

I just wanted to know when is the last date to confirm that you are attending the UCSF interview?

Thanks

the last date for confirming the interview is written on ur interview letter....u have to RSVP them by email....after u RSVP them they will send u another email which will ask u to pay $200 for the exam and the schedule for the 6 day interview and exam session.....
but in the second email they have not mentioned the last day for paying $200 .....does anyone have any info abt that....?
did u pay them the amount already?

hi starwars,

What is the date specified on the interview letter to RSVP? Was it friday the 22nd?

sum

sum said:
hi starwars,

What is the date specified on the interview letter to RSVP? Was it friday the 22nd?

sum
hey,
on my letter it was 15th oct....after which i got an email in which they asked me to pay $200 for the practical exam.....and i want to know the deadline to pay that fee....(as they havent specified any deadline for it )
does anyone know?
thanks.

hey
for all those who have been invited for ucsf interview...
did u all recieve any new email from ucsf...
when i spoke to mrs.barbara richardson today...she told me she will be sending out some email to all of us....
i havent recieved it....and i dont know somehow my inbox shows no messages at all....i fear that my messages might have been deleted by mistake...
please can someone tell me if any new email was sent by ucsf...what was the content of the email
thanks....

Hi, I am desperately to find somebody to share room with for the UCSF interview. If anyone could provide my a place to stay, I would pay at a reasonable price.
Thanks

Hi ,

HAs anybody heard from the alternate pool at UCSF? If 15th was the date to RSVP for those who have been called already..then we should be able to hear from anytime rt?

Starwars, thnks for ur response.

sum

hi, i have got interview call from UCSF , i am looking for someone who is going to practice class-2 cutting at ucsf between 10/08/04 to 10/12/04. i don`t have instruments, if sombody , who is going to practice over there, could allow me to practice with him, i would greatly appriciate that. that would be of immense help to me. please reply.
viral

did anyone who did not get an interview call from ucsf recieve a letter saying that they are not going to get called or something......r they stilll deciding??!!!

they told me they are still waiting for comfirmation from the student who r invited. so after that around next week they will send another invitation from stand by students.

ivshah said:
they told me they are still waiting for comfirmation from the student who r invited. so after that around next week they will send another invitation from stand by students.

Hi ivshah,

When was this? when were u given this info?

I guess they were only waiting for 3 people to confirm as of Monday(25th), which would mean only 3 would be pulled out from the alternate list...

anyway, good luck waiting!

sum

hi friends, i am looking for a room partner [ MALE, INDIAN { DESI }] to stay with me at ucsf between 11/10/04 to 11/17/04, so that we can share the expenses. i have already booked a room at hotel carl mentioned in the information material sent by ucsf. please reply asap.
viral shah.

sum said:
Hi ivshah,

I guess they were only waiting for 3 people to confirm as of Monday(25th), which would mean only 3 would be pulled out from the alternate list...

sum
I called, talked to Richardson and she said more and less the same thing, I am in the middle group and there is a long list of candidates who would be called ahead of me if some of the already invited decline to attend, so actually have no hope to be called in.

sum said:
Hi ivshah,

sum

hi!
I called on tuesday. They told me i am one of the candidate from high priority list if somebody will reject the interview call. I dont know for how many student they r waiting but they told me if we want to call you we will contect u by next week.

hi ,
anybody knows about the written test ?
how much importance is given to this test?
please help me.i havent studied anything in part 2 .when i open the decks i get lost .it is too much to study in 15 days.how should i go about it?
thank u
mandakki

mandakki said:
hi ,
anybody knows about the written test ?
how much importance is given to this test?
please help me.i havent studied anything in part 2 .when i open the decks i get lost .it is too much to study in 15 days.how should i go about it?
thank u
mandakki
Hi,
The written test carries a certain percentage in decision making, so u cannot neglect it. As far as i remember it is not hard ans if u r good at clinical sciences, u can excell them with out even studying also. But do remeber that it all depends on, how the other applicants are. I would suggest you to read little more of prostho. But i am now sure as it is been long time i took it.