UCSF secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Envision

Envisioning...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so i got a yellow slip of paper telling me to dl ucsf secondary. i heard that they were selective, but i don't even think they have my DAT scores yet. If so, do they offer their secondaries to everyone? or are the selective? thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, so i got a yellow slip of paper telling me to dl ucsf secondary. i heard that they were selective, but i don't even think they have my DAT scores yet. If so, do they offer their secondaries to everyone? or are the selective? thanx

I take my DAT next Wednesday and I got a yellow card in the mail two days ago...

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an e-mail back in july with a link to the secondary.

I think people get the link in different ways and quite a few get it, though not everyone.

I got a weird mail today from them that said they had revceived my secondary application and told me what else they had and didn't have, except both of the following boxes were checked:

X we have received your transcripts
X we have not received your transcripts from the following schools:

so both were checked and the second one listed both schools that I had sent transcripts from, so I'm confused and have to call them.

envision, what day was your aadsas printout mailed out?

feel special, they didn't even milk me for an application fee. I was knocked out pre-secondary :p

feel special, they didn't even milk me for an application fee. I was knocked out pre-secondary :p

Seriously! Your DAT kicks ass and your GPA is excellent. What gives?

Wait a second - scratch that. I just got the postcard in the mail. My status on AADSAS which used to say denied now says "waiting additional information," however, my status on the UCSF page says "not accepted." WTF?

You aren't going to let me in, but...sure, I'll send you $60. All you had to do was ask! After all it is a very pretty yellow postcard, and it's nice to feel included...:D

envision, what day was your aadsas printout mailed out?

My addsas app was mailed out on aug 15th. UCSF recieved my app i think yesterday the 24th. i tried calling to see if they got my DAT scores, but their office is impossible to reach! i even left a message and yet still no prevail...anyway, gl you guys, i'l keep you posted if i hear anything new.

Wait a second - scratch that. I just got the postcard in the mail. My status on AADSAS which used to say denied now says "waiting additional information," however, my status on the UCSF page says "not accepted." WTF?

You aren't going to let me in, but...sure, I'll send you $60. All you had to do was ask! After all it is a very pretty yellow postcard, and it's nice to feel included...:D

Haha, if they don't include you...then my yellow post card must be a mistake :D

Members don't see this ad :)
daaaang chic. how many schools you applying to?

Haha..ya...i submitted my app prior to taking the DATs...and i figured if i got bad scores...i best increase my chances by upping the number of schools. looking back, i may have applied to one to many...but i already paid so whatever. Honestly, i'm hoping for a CA school...but we'l see. btw, im a dude.

Haha..ya...i submitted my app prior to taking the DATs...and i figured if i got bad scores...i best increase my chances by upping the number of schools. looking back, i may have applied to one to many...but i already paid so whatever. Honestly, i'm hoping for a CA school...but we'l see. btw, im a dude.

hey fellow anteater...did u get an interview from uconn yet? if so did you get the hotel list..i need to book my stuff alread :oops:

hey, i'm a fellow anteater, too. anyway, i also got a yellow card today too and i have yet to take the DAT (taking it this upcoming wednesday).

I think my apps have just been recieved by the schools, and i do not believe they have gotten my DATs yet... so i havent gotten any interviews yet. haha..hopefully that will change in the future. gl to you shegotgame.

Thanks for the confidence vote, but honestly I wasn't surprised to get denied from UCSF. It's pretty hard for an out-of-stater. I just decided to not do the UCLA secondary as well. Chances I'd get in are low, and even if I did get in, I really don't want to live in LA anyway.
After finding out UNC doesn't take prereqs older than 5 years, that drops me down to 7 schools - that makes me nervous! Especially when I look at Envision's list ;)

I wonder if I should add more schools...

Thanks for the confidence vote, but honestly I wasn't surprised to get denied from UCSF. It's pretty hard for an out-of-stater. I just decided to not do the UCLA secondary as well. Chances I'd get in are low, and even if I did get in, I really don't want to live in LA anyway.
After finding out UNC doesn't take prereqs older than 5 years, that drops me down to 7 schools - that makes me nervous! Especially when I look at Envision's list ;)

I wonder if I should add more schools...

haha!, seriously, during the time when i was adding schools...if i had your scores..i would have applied to about 10.

Weird, I am from out of State and I made the cut.

So when you guys filled out the secondary, did you do it by hand? or did you type it on another sheet of paper and attach it to the questionaire? cuz i have ugly hand writing...haha. thanx.

It sounds like they may have made a mistake. I would call their admissions office to check on that, since they did send you a postcard.

I think their mistake was letting me know I wasn't in before collecting my $60 :laugh:
But yeah, I'm planning on calling them on Monday, thanks.

Im not taking my DAt for like two moreweeks and i got the UCSF secondary plus all the other ones like weeks ago. I think it might be random cause im no rock star or anything....just a normal gal

Im not taking my DAt for like two moreweeks and i got the UCSF secondary plus all the other ones like weeks ago. I think it might be random cause im no rock star or anything....just a normal gal

Are you mocking me?:smuggrin:

I somehow do not get the point of sending a secondary. Most of the questions are the same as aadsas, can't they just ask for the money? and trust me if they got 3000 applications they will send out 3000 secondary not 1000. why would they not want another $2000*70 or $140,000

Hey guys,

for the "Chart of Course requirement" portion of the secondary, there is a requirement that ask for 3 semesters of 4 qtrs of biochemistry. i only took 1 course of biochemistry, so what am i suppose to fill out? can classes like development bio, micro or physio be written down? thanx.

Hey guys,

for the "Chart of Course requirement" portion of the secondary, there is a requirement that ask for 3 semesters of 4 qtrs of biochemistry. i only took 1 course of biochemistry, so what am i suppose to fill out? can classes like development bio, micro or physio be written down? thanx.

I think they just want 4 quarter hours or 3 semester hours/units (not 3 or 4 whole courses). So if you took one biochem course that was 4 credits, that should be fine :)

I think they just want 4 quarter hours or 3 semester hours/units (not 3 or 4 whole courses). So if you took one biochem course that was 4 credits, that should be fine :)

thanx! but now theres still like...2 boxes empty...

thanx! but now theres still like...2 boxes empty...

I think srw is right, i didn't see that before. it actually says 3 sem, 4 qtr UNITS when all of the others say just 2 semesters, 3 qtrs... don't wory about the blanks.

Well I wonder how strict UCLA is about submitting personal history "no later than 10 days of receipt of postcard." What a maroon! I was studying for my DAT up until Friday and am just getting around to attacking the secondaries now. I know my scores aren't that extraordinary and the yellow card was postmarked July 3rd! 10 days have definitely passed! So...yeah...that's pretty lame on my part. I'm wondering if I should even try to follow up on this reach school. I guess the worst that can happen is I lose my $60. I suppose you folks all got your secondary stuff in within 10 days of getting the card?

CGPA: 3.34 SGPA: 3.53 BCP: 3.74
DAT: 20/21/18
Applying: too many to list

I was referring to UCLA's yellow postcard! (Never mind!)

Well I wonder how strict UCLA is about submitting personal history "no later than 10 days of receipt of postcard." What a maroon! I was studying for my DAT up until Friday and am just getting around to attacking the secondaries now. I know my scores aren't that extraordinary and the yellow card was postmarked July 3rd! 10 days have definitely passed! So...yeah...that's pretty lame on my part. I'm wondering if I should even try to follow up on this reach school. I guess the worst that can happen is I lose my $60. I suppose you folks all got your secondary stuff in within 10 days of getting the card?

CGPA: 3.34 SGPA: 3.53 BCP: 3.74
DAT: 20/21/18
Applying: too many to list

Shouldn't matter too much, I have a friend that turned his in after 10 days and he still got in.

Mine's postmarked Aug 4th and I haven't turned mine in.

So when you guys filled out the secondary, did you do it by hand? or did you type it on another sheet of paper and attach it to the questionaire? cuz i have ugly hand writing...haha. thanx.

It took me about 4 hours to type everything up. But I don't think it matters in the end because my signature and date still looks like chicken scratch

hey, i'm a fellow anteater, too. anyway, i also got a yellow card today too and i have yet to take the DAT (taking it this upcoming wednesday).

yeah good luck...tell us how u did

What exactly do they ask you on the secondaries at UCLA/UCSF? I just submitted my app a week ago so I wouldn't get them for awhile (if ever) but it would be nice to get a preview of what to expect.

I got a mail from UCSF this morning says they need official transcripts from all schools I attended. Does that mean those guys don't trust AADSAS transcripts, and asked for the original copy? :D Anyway, the transcript costs me only 2 bucks!

I hear you can type out the secondary using adobe professional. Is this true? I don't have professional but will buy it if that's one of its features.

I hear you can type out the secondary using adobe professional. Is this true? I don't have professional but will buy it if that's one of its features.

Hey confused one, i think i've heard of that, but save your money cuz its not neccessary. most of it is very short and simple so break out the old pen will due. for the questionnaire, i typed it on on words and printed it on the designated paper. definately easier than buying the advance adobe. how are your apps goin? you gpa and scores are awesome...whats your top choice?

Hey confused one, i think i've heard of that, but save your money cuz its not neccessary. most of it is very short and simple so break out the old pen will due. for the questionnaire, i typed it on on words and printed it on the designated paper. definately easier than buying the advance adobe. how are your apps goin? you gpa and scores are awesome...whats your top choice?

hey thanks for the advice! I'll probably end up writing it out, I hope they don't reject me because of my penmanship :oops: . ucla is my top choice but i'm hoping to get in anywhere really. How about you?

i've just started to fill out the ucsf secondary and the completed courses chart is not quarter-system friendly.

There's only two slots for 3 quarters of physics? What did you end up doing Envision? Thanks

i've just started to fill out the ucsf secondary and the completed courses chart is not quarter-system friendly.

There's only two slots for 3 quarters of physics? What did you end up doing Envision? Thanks

i jus filled up the boxes availible to me. its definately weird, but i guess its the best i can do and they have my app if they need verification. i certainly hope such a silly reason won't hold up my processing. my top choice is ucsf, second choice is uop and ucla, third would be anywhere.