UDS for opioids in Private Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Got Em

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of setting up my practice and would like to see if there is an alternative to getting an account with Labcorp or Quest and collecting UDS samples in office.

Is there a specific order I can write for my patient's to physically go to labcorp or quest to get a detailed UDS for opioids? If so, what are the drawbacks to this? Appreciate the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

You can just order a confirmatory urine drug test and have them go to any place that does pre-employment chain-of-custody urine drug screens. Or if you don't care that much, you can just order a normal UDS, but this will likely be the POC kind (screen, not quantitative Liquid chromatography)

Members don't see this ad :)
I use Quest for UDS. I had Quest link up with my hospital's EPIC. So I place the EPIC order, staff collects urine in office, and they put it outside in the Quest box. Results come back in EPIC directly.

You should talk to your local Quest rep if possible. Very easy/painless for me. Obviously no financial benefit to me, but I also have very few patients on COT anyway where I need to send tox.

Reactions: 1 user