UF @ Jacksonville??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathdoc4me

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have received another interview and this one is at UF @ Jacksonville. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this program. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i know of one jr. resident who is trying like crazy to get out of there. that's a fact. as to the reason(s), it would only be hearsay on my part.

Members don't see this ad :)
that was what I figured considering the interview is only 2 hours long. So, what were the reasons you heard?

anyone???

Things to know about a residency program)

1) accreditation status (program with less than 5 year evaluation=BEWARE) how many citations do they have?
2) high attending turnover (if faculty are unhappy, residents probably are too)
3) low surgical numbers (you read in med school, think of residency as being an apprentice. You have to study in residency but it should complement your cases)
4) high resident turnover (if more often than not the program has empty positions, ask yourself why)
5) FIRST attempt board pass rate (again you have to study but if residents aren't being trained appropriately then they won't pass)
6) department's attitude about national meeting attendance (who can go, who pays, vacation or education days)
7) are resident's happy--what's the morale like?
8) if a program has an excuse for all the above, look elsewhere
Avoid this program.