UF vs. UCF 8 year bs/md

Pre-med2019

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m currently a junior in high school and super stressed out ability becoming an MD. I want to go to college at UF or UCF. I have a 1410 sat and 3.75 UW GPA. UCF has an 8 year med program with a caveat of getting 512 MCAT. I like UF A LOT better but at the end of the day I just want to become an MD. Please advise where I should go.

UCF 8 year med
Pros
  • Guaranteed medical school spot I’d you get a 512 mcat

Cons
  • I’ll have to stay in Orlando 8 years. I live in Orlando btw
  • --

University of Florida
Pros
  • Social life
  • Better ranking
Really appreciate any help you guys could give !!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I'd take the (almost) guaranteed MD and run! This process is getting more competitive by the minute, and it's priceless to be able to go through undergrad knowing you'll for sure be in med school in a few years as opposed to being uncertain of whether or not you'll get in.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know that I'd call an acceptance resting on an 87th percentile MCAT a guarantee

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I’m currently a junior in high school and super stressed out ability becoming an MD. I want to go to college at UF or UCF. I have a 1410 sat and 3.75 UW GPA. UCF has an 8 year med program with a caveat of getting 512 MCAT. I like UF A LOT better but at the end of the day I just want to become an MD. Please advise where I should go.

UCF 8 year med
Pros

Cons
  • --

University of Florida
Pros
  • Social life
  • Better ranking
Can you link me the page for the requirements of this program?

UCF 8 year med
Pros

Cons
  • --

University of Florida
Pros
  • Social life
  • Better ranking
Just checked for you, UCF requires a 1500 SAT minimum to apply, UF has a program for the undergraduates not highschool students

Reactions: 1 user