UGA College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyghil

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1st year applying to pharmacy school

So... I'm a freshman in UGA with enough credits to move on to UGA pharmacy. About 56+ credit hours (almost a junior)

I got a job as a pharmacy tech (certified this summer) in rite-aid this month and expecting to work until I graduate from pharmacy school.

I did a lot of volunteering in soup kitchens and local hospitals (more than 300 hours) in high school and hope to continue volunteering at a local hospital.

I'm intensively studying for PCAT since summer started and hope I can pull of 80th percentile+ but I haven't taken any o chem class, so I think I won't be scoring that high on the chem section.

So, I'm wondering what are my chances of getting accepted this year. I'm really passionate about this career, and even if I don't get accepted this year, ill continue to try.

I feel like the admission officers would prefer upperclassmen than a freshman because... Well, they need to move on and also are more mature.

Am I dreaming too big? I don't want to spend another year as an undergrad because ill be "wasting" my hours.

Members don't see this ad.

1st year applying to pharmacy school

So... I'm a freshman in UGA with enough credits to move on to UGA pharmacy. About 56+ credit hours (almost a junior)

I got a job as a pharmacy tech (certified this summer) in rite-aid this month and expecting to work until I graduate from pharmacy school.

I did a lot of volunteering in soup kitchens and local hospitals (more than 300 hours) in high school and hope to continue volunteering at a local hospital.

I'm intensively studying for PCAT since summer started and hope I can pull of 80th percentile+ but I haven't taken any o chem class, so I think I won't be scoring that high on the chem section.

So, I'm wondering what are my chances of getting accepted this year. I'm really passionate about this career, and even if I don't get accepted this year, ill continue to try.

I feel like the admission officers would prefer upperclassmen than a freshman because... Well, they need to move on and also are more mature.

Am I dreaming too big? I don't want to spend another year as an undergrad because ill be "wasting" my hours.

It never hurts to try... even if u dont get in now, you will gain a lot of key knowledge and motivation to get back in the next year. Now having said that, if ur gpa is solid and u have a lot of extracurricular activities u can get in. Age is just a number. Focus on the interview or the essays if theres no interview for that school to show them that u are mature and academically prepared. Good luck!