Uhco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winterhot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to Optometry Day at UHCO? I have not heard from the school yet, should I be worried? I called Ali and she said that they are still accepting applicants and they have not made any final decisions yet. She told me not to worried but it has been more than a month that I haven't heard from them. I also emailed Dr. Shulman but I didn't get any respond back either. Am I the only person with in this situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, it is normal to worry but UHCO takes a while and it depends on what your stats are and how quick you get an interview. The problem is you applied pretty late in the cycle. I don't think that applicants realize that applying late really is a disadvantage, if they school does rolling admissions. Think about it... if they start interviewing in October and end in April (minus December) and they interview every week (which I am not 100% sure if they do) there are roughly 24 weeks of interviews that they do. At this point they are already about 19 weeks into interviews that does not leave very many interview spots open. I have been accepted to UHCO and if you have more questions you can PM me.

It really just depends. I applied to both NOVA and UHCO really late and got quick interview invites and acceptances. I actually applied at the application deadline for UHCO and I didn't even send in a third academic letter of recommendation. I interviewed there today and received my acceptance at the interview. On the other hand, SUNY took forever to let me know my status. If you have any questions, you can PM me also

Did you have great stats?
Also, where are you from?