About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UHS Students

Discussion in 'Osteopathic' started by Platz, Jun 27, 1999.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Platz

Platz Junior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I am wondering if the Cheif's and/or Royal's team physicians are DO's. I would assume they are, but you never know? Do you get to do any shadowing or rotations with them? Does the school have any sort of agreement with them? I am really curious to know?

Also, is the area were the school is really as bad as everyone says it is, crime wise.

Kyle Platz

[This message has been edited by Platz (edited June 28, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Platz (edited June 28, 1999).]
  2. Synergy

Synergy Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Platz, Last I heard the Chiefs was a football team, and the Royals a baseball team [​IMG] Seriously, though, I am not sure, but I know that many team docs are D.O.s. It would be cool to work with those docs.
  3. ewagner

ewagner Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    As far as I know, neither the Chiefs nor the Royals have team docs that are DO's. There are 2 other med schools in KC besides UHS, so there are lots of qualified physicians for those teams to choose. As a member of the sports med org. at UHS, we did not shadow anyone from those organizations, we have no contractual agreement with them.

Re: the neighborhood, yeah it is a bit sketchy, but ya get used to it. Depends on where you are from and what you are used to.

e