UIC, Albany, or Finch (RFU) 2004 Prospectives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

talk2me

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Threads on SDN rarely mention the above med schools. Let this thread
serve as the 2004 Information Central on these schools.

We are particularly interested in any post-interview updates such as:
1. Acceptance dates (to determine if the waitlists are coming to an end -- also, how were you informed of your acceptance???)

2. Status change dates (such as still under consideration, final decision made, etc.)

3. Rejections (please indicate dates)

4. Withdrawals (please indicate dates)

5. Accepted from the alternate (dates)

6. Any information you may have received from admissions staff (e-mail, snail mail, website status checks, etc.) will also be helpful.

There are several students that can benefit from this thread since the entering classes for these 3 schools are approx = 300 + 180 + 110 = ~590 Students.

Happy Posting!!!

Members don't see this ad.

talk2me said:
Threads on SDN rarely mention the above med schools. Let this thread
serve as the 2004 Information Central on these schools.

We are particularly interested in any post-interview updates such as:
1. Acceptance dates (to determine if the waitlists are coming to an end -- also, how were you informed of your acceptance???)

2. Status change dates (such as still under consideration, final decision made, etc.)

4. Withdrawals (please indicate dates)

5. Accepted from the alternate (dates)

6. Any information you may have received from admissions staff (e-mail, snail mail, website status checks, etc.) will also be helpful.

There are several students that can benefit from this thread since the entering classes for these 3 schools are approx = 300 + 180 + 110 = ~590 Students.

Happy Posting!!!

1. Accepted to Finch ~Beginning-Mid March 2004. Informed via Snail Mail

2. Final Decision Made - Accepted

3 - 5. N/A

6. I never received any emails or phone calls from Finch/RF. All of their communication has been via mail. Also as a note: If you have more than one mailing address on your AMCAS, check them all regularly. Finch has been inconsistent in the address they have been sending correspondence. Sometimes they send to my preferred addresss and someimtes my permanent address. So be careful...

1. Acceptance dates
interviewed 4/6...committee only met once since then, no decision yet, committee should be meeting again next week

still eagerly waiting

not yet

4-6...N/A except they do tell you over the phone when the adm committee is meeting

please keep the replies coming, as I'd like to hear more about Finch/R/F also

Since nobody is attending all 3 schools, it would make sense to start a thread for each individual school. That way, a person doesn't have to read a bunch of stuff about 2 schools they are not attending.