UIC DMDAS 2019-2020 cycle interview invitation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xsdf

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm starting this thread to know if anyone has received interview invitation from UIC yet? Have they already started sending out invites?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

I'm starting this thread to know if anyone has received interview invitation from UIC yet? Have they already started sending out invites?
Hi I got the invitation! do you know which type of Qs they ask or where can I found it?

Hi everyone,

Hi Can you please share ur completion date and interview invite date? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Can you please share ur completion date and interview invite date? Thanks
My completion date is March 26, invitation date April 1st, Interview will be on April 23. Do you something about interview experience?

My completion date is March 26, invitation date April 1st, Interview will be on April 23. Do you something about interview experience?
Congratulations for getting the interview invite . Could you please share your stats ?
Thanks

Awesome! congrats :) I heard it's a cool interview nothing to worry. do u have gc/citizen?

Congratulations! My competition date was also on March 26. Hoping to hear back from them soon.
I have heard that it is a closed file interview. All the best!

Congratulations for getting the interview invite . Could you please share your stats ?
Thanks
Thank you.
Both parts 1 and 2
Gpa 3.1
Toefl 104
CDA 1y+
Volunteering in research 1y+with upcoming publications
Volunteering in Hospital 6mo
Volunteering in biomedical journal 1+
Shadowing

Congratulations! My competition date was also on March 26. Hoping to hear back from them soon.
I have heard that it is a closed file interview. All the best!
Thanks, I hope you will get invitation too. I heard also that is not hard interview, but I’m trying to find sample of Qs

congrats
Could someone please confirm if UIC is open to accepting non-citizens? Thanks!

has anyone got completion email in April and got invited for an interview?

Does anyone know when they usually send interview iv after sending completion email? Thx

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they usually send interview iv after sending completion email? Thx
I believe within a week. I got the completion email on 21st March but haven't heard anything after that. So I guess I'm not gonna receive any invite now.

I believe within a week. I got the completion email on 21st March but haven't heard anything after that. So I guess I'm not gonna receive any invite now.
Lol, Then I'm not gonna get one either, cause today is been a week after I received my completion email.

anyone else we know about who got calls? Surely, it can't be just one person. Any1?
Still holding out hope for a miracle call :)

I got completion email on 20 March and still no update on status....does this indicate rejection?

Where did you get this information from?
is it a fact or speculation?

Thank you.
Both parts 1 and 2
Gpa 3.1
Toefl 104
CDA 1y+
Volunteering in research 1y+with upcoming publications
Volunteering in Hospital 6mo
Volunteering in biomedical journal 1+
Shadowing
Hello!
Could you tell me from where did you convert your grades from your home country to the US grading system to calculate your GPA accurate? is it from Scholaro Grade Conversion ? Also which is you country and what was the most common grade in your diploma?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I got my IV yesterday. Any idea what they ask?

I got my IV yesterday. Any idea what they ask?
Congratulations. I think it's very easy, just questions about yourself and your experiences. That's what I have heard from everyone. Good Luck and let me know how was it.

My Comp was Ap 2nd and I'm a P.R.
Do you know what they usually ask?
thank you, I meant your profile such as GPA, TOEFL. etc.., I will check with my friend about the interview questions bc he did it today. good luck my friend

Hello!
Could you tell me from where did you convert your grades from your home country to the US grading system to calculate your GPA accurate? is it from Scholaro Grade Conversion ? Also which is you country and what was the most common grade in your diploma?
Thanks in advance!
I did Evaluation on ece.org. In our country I think most common GPA 3, but not sure.

Wow! Congratulations to all who have got interviews.
That's pretty quick reply from a dental school!!

I did Evaluation on ece.org. In our country I think most common GPA 3, but not sure.
here in bulgaria we are with different grading system from 2-6 and dont know how to calculate my gpa

here in bulgaria we are with different grading system from 2-6 and dont know how to calculate my gpa
In Russia, we also have a different system, but here in US there are only 2 organizations which are suitable for dental schools. Some ask wes.org, the other ones ask ece.org so there is no other options and you need to send them paper in order to obtain the score

thank you, I meant your profile such as GPA, TOEFL. etc.., I will check with my friend about the interview questions bc he did it today. good luck my friend
Oh sure.
Both boards 1st attempt
Toefl 104
GPA: 3.99
Almost 4 years working as DA in the US.
3 years experience as dentist.
Some research and teaching in home country.
Let me know about your friend. Thanks

Hello!
Thanks in advance!
You need to send your transcripts to ECE or WES for evaluation. I choose ECE bcs I needed it anyways in order to take the boards. Some say WES give you higher GPA, but I have no idea. I only did ECE. Go to ECE website, look for your country and they will tell you exactly what you need to send.
Also I think it depends on what courses your home country program and how much credits they give to the classes you took.

Any new interview updates by UIC? Especially those with completion in march.

can you please share your interview experience?

This was quite easy interview, just ask common Qs like why are you become a dentist, you strengths/weakness, work and volunteering experience. This is closed panel interview, around 20 min, very relaxed

This was quite easy interview, just ask common Qs like why are you become a dentist, you strengths/weakness, work and volunteering experience. This is closed panel interview, around 20 min, very relaxed
Hi, is it one on one, or how many interviewers? Also, have you heard back from them? Thank you so much. Wish you all the best!

Hi, is it one on one, or how many interviewers? Also, have you heard back from them? Thank you so much. Wish you all the best!
No, it’s one by one. We will expect their responses throughout the summer. Thank you.

Thank you.

Anyone got interview invitation with completion date on or after april 8th?

Last edited:
Got an interview invite this week. Completion date was May 1. Scheduled for June 11. My friend who interviewed with them 2 years ago said two faculty members were there during the interview session. But a previous member on this thread said there was only 1 faculty. Any other person who is done with their interview this year and can shed more light on this?

I interviewed and it was two faculty members.

Got an interview invite this week. Completion date was May 1. Scheduled for June 11. My friend who interviewed with them 2 years ago said two faculty members were there during the interview session. But a previous member on this thread said there was only 1 faculty. Any other person who is done with their interview this year and can shed more light on this?
Congrats could you please share your profile

I interviewed and it was two faculty members.
Hey there! Was it also a closed file interview? Did it end around 12:30nn as their email mentioned? Congrats for getting an interview by the way!

Congrats could you please share your profile
Sure!
Toefl 110 GPA 2.7
Nbde part 1&2 pass
4 yrs+ DA exp
Volunteering
Perm resident

Last edited: