Uic iddp 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ct836

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to start a new threat of International Dentist applying to UIC for the current cycle. How many of us considering this as a dream school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, just wanted to start a new threat of International Dentist applying to UIC for the current cycle. How many of us considering this as a dream school?

Isnt US citizenship mandatory for admission :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes im considering to apply for this school as well.
did you found any informations about the tuition on their website? I didn't not.

Hi....I am planning apply for Uic but waiting to give part 2 exam....

Good luck guys..Hope to see guys in UIC..Just let me know if you need any help regarding UIC application as I was in your situation last year so I ca help you..

hey hi drswd... Thanks a lot for your help...

I am planning to apply this year.. have given only part 1....

So how should i improve my profile for the same?

also how many people do they interview for seat of 40?

and congratulations for your admissions..:)

Thanks a lot..

Hey drswd, did you apply wit part 1 and 2 or just 1? how did you stick out from the remaining candidates who applied? can you pls share your stats?

smilingface218, they interview pretty much 120 people for 40 seats..

Members don't see this ad :)
smilingface218, UIC supplemental doesnt have any additional questions. Its just basic background information.

I would suggest any1 applying to UIC give both part1 and 2...coz 90% chances they would not accept u if you dont have part1...Our class has 40 students this year evry1 having passed part2..that gives u an idea how imp part2 is for UIC...so apply with part1 and update the application with part2 whenever you give it..dont wrry about the deadline you can try and send an e-mail about the part2 update...good luck evry1...

Hey srk1, thank you so much on enlightening about importance of Part 2. Can you please elaborate a little bit more on what are they looking for in an applicant? What makes one stick out in a such a high competition?

Hi friends Sorry was kinda busy.. yeah thats sure part 1 and part 2 is not enough to get into any school.Though some schools dont ask for part 2 but they always prefer student with part 2. try to improve your resume with good recom letters, volunteer work, dental assistant, any dental related degree like MPH etc..Apply as soon as possible,,,,good luck

Yup part1, part2 as drswd said...volunteer, research, masters degree and just be confident on the interview day...thats the key...and the staff at UIC is 1 of the best including Miss Braulia and Miss Caroline...They will definitely be really helpful and kind so just be patient till you get an interview and then go from there...

that helps....thanks a bunch....

Hello Guys,
I can feel your feeling of getting into this application cycle and thinking about interview calls and so forth.
As a current IDDP student at UIC, I feel very lucky to be a part of this institution and have no regrets of choosing UIC over others schools, as I declined some other acceptances. So far the faculty at UIC is very very nice and helpful. They make sure that you understand each and everything.
My 2 cents towards application cycle -
---Our class is 100% Part2, so If you can write part2 then do it, if time is short just apply with part1 now and then update with Part2 result ASAP..
--Try to apply early..and Keep in touch with Braulia or Caroline , that will help you..
--Write a very nice SOP
--Try to get as much US experience as you can - it can be in any form -- Volunteer/observer-ship/shadowing, RDA/CDA/Dental Assistant job, Dental Hygiene, Research work, publications, MPH/MHA.

Don't give-up or get frustrated, keep your spirits high, this too shall pass.. Have faith in your yourself and trust God :)

Let me know If I can be of any help ! Good luck everyone :thumbup:

@ journey to dds - thanks for the valuable information... whats the toefl score they are looking for the applicants? Some how I am not able to score well in toefl:(

@ journey to dds - thanks for the valuable information... whats the toefl score they are looking for the applicants? Some how I am not able to score well in toefl:(

Anything above 100 would be great but even if its above 95 that would work as well :)

hey thanks a lot ct836, journey to dds and srk1.. that was quite informative..

That is what i am planning to do .. update part 2 after applying..

thanks..

can you tell me please about your interview ?

hi everyone . i have a quick question
my stats are nbde part 1 pass,. toefl 99 ,4 months exp in US, GPA>3; PR and some volunteering exp out of field . do i have any chance in UIC.

please reply

hi everyone . i have a quick question
my stats are nbde part 1 pass,. toefl 99 ,4 months exp in US, GPA>3; PR and some volunteering exp out of field . do i have any chance in UIC.

please reply
My advice is to take part 2, I have applied last year with better status and I didn't get admission because of part 2, you can give try though!!!

My advice is to take part 2, I have applied last year with better status and I didn't get admission because of part 2, you can give try though!!!

thank you so much :)

Go for part 2...without any doubt...this will boost ur chances alot..

Hello, do you know how many applicants applied last year? Thank you.

hii all...when does uic start sending out interviews ?any idea..or has it already started sending invites..getting so anxious..

Hi UIC applicants, a quick question. While reporting TOEFL score, i got two options 1851 UIC undergrad and 1851 UIC, and i know its not undergrad but then, when i clicked on the second option, the zip code is also different from the School's original address. There I got confused and tryin reach them and left a voice msg. So, what do u think guys? Which one is it?
Anyone done this successfully please let me know. I would be grateful.

Cheers !!

@Peace12: You can write an email to the admissions and they will guide you through it.
@frudento11: I am curious as well to know if they have stared sending out invites yet????

i called up the uni and they told me they havent yet send out the invtes

They usually send interview invitations b/w 20-30 june every year..so wait and watch...Make sure you verify weither they have received ur documents or not! Some time they don't receive and then you may need to send again..Good luck guys...

@drswd: are you a current student of UIC IDDP ?

hey guys,
i have part 1, gpa 3.79, one month US observership, home country license to practice, PRC, and 109 on toefl. and i havent given part 2 but i do plan to give it by june end?. do u think its wise to apply or should i apply next yr. i do have a lot of volunteer exp back home but none here.

how is ur preparation for part 2 coming along. I am in a similar situation as u

its pretty bad tho. lol.what about u.

hey guys,does anyone know if they started sending interviews?

Havent heard yet. Anybody with invite?

evry1 posting here an debating wether to apply to UIC with part2 or without part2 ...remember..apply with part1 if you haven't given your part2...but very high chances that UIC wont accept any1 without part2...so give part2...im not sure but even if u get an iv and you have your part2 score by then...they might consider...so bottom line give part2...very less chances to get accepted without part2...

I know for sure that all the student got accepted last year had their part 2 (100%)

yes I went to the UIC open house this year and they told that preference will be given to students who have part 2, after part 2 comes paid job as dental assistant. Hope it helps