UIC location choices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UIChopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those people who have been accepted/or are applying to UIC for 2005,

I am applying to UIC for the entering class of 2005 and I have received an offer to interview. I know they have three locations at which you can interview (Chicago, Rockford and Peoria) but I'm not sure about a number of issues.

1) Did the location of your interview determine the assigned location of your medical studies?
2)Is it better to interview one place versus another? (In terms of how quickly you received a response from the admissions committee)

I'm really looking at how realistic it is that I can get into the Chicago campus for all four years rather than doing the one year in Urbana and three years elsewhere.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to your responses!

Members don't see this ad.

1)No
and
2)No

Hey UIhopeful,
like 2much said it dont matter, but dont fret it; from what i hear people who end up in peoria like it pretty damn well too, while the ppl in chicago complain abt the faculty. everything has got its own pros and cons... good luck on that interview!!! Its laidback! laterz! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sweet, that's good to know. Also, I'm currently trying to book a flight there -- which airport is closest? O'Hare? Any suggestions on where to stay?

debiafly said:
Sweet, that's good to know. Also, I'm currently trying to book a flight there -- which airport is closest? O'Hare? Any suggestions on where to stay?

O Hare definitely!!

suggestions to stay: prolly call up UIC and see if they have any arrangements... they prolly shud. good luck with the interview debiafly! :thumbup: