Ultimate back-up plans!

BioBeaver

Rah Virginia Mil.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, scenario:

Most of us will get accepted into colleges; but lets say your senior year, something goes wrong and all the colleges that accepted you revoke your acceptance! You get some bad grades or in trouble with the law, and you no longer have a college to go to.

What would you guys do if you had to do something that didn't require a Bachelor's degree? This is a little more extreme than the typical "back-up plan" thread :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, scenario:

Most of us will get accepted into colleges; but lets say your senior year, something goes wrong and all the colleges that accepted you revoke your acceptance! You get some bad grades or in trouble with the law, and you no longer have a college to go to.

What would you guys do if you had to do something that didn't require a Bachelor's degree? This is a little more extreme than the typical "back-up plan" thread :smuggrin:

IMO, Community College would probably almost everyone's best bet (school wise).

Then again, I could code a billion dollar website/app and call myself "The next Mark Zuckerberg" :D

Open up a taco shop in Mexico because if you aren't admitted into a college your first year after graduating HS, youre life is over ;)

Jk, well if I don't get into ASU, I would probably go to CC but my brother and parents would give me a lot of crap for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
^^^

I think OP meant all the community colleges also rejected you too.

I would try to get an apprenticeship in a trade like plumbing.

Okay, scenario:

I would be a stripper or join the army. lol jk

Okay, scenario:

If we're talking no college at all, Peace corps. That way if I couldn't practice medicine AND travel, I could at least travel. However, doctors without borders > peace corps. If community college is an option, then I'd do that.

Wow, how about some real back-up dreams like becoming a snowboarding bum in a town like Keystone in CO? You guys are lame

Ultimate backup plans? Here goes!

During fall and winter handle for an Iditarod or Yukon Quest musher. Then eventually acquire your own dogs and sponsors so you can do it yourself. During summers work for a sled dog tour company on top of glaciers giving rides.

But then every once and a while you have to throw some other adventure in there... Maybe take up sailing, or work for one of the big National Parks doing one of the cheezy summer jobs, or work for an outfitter taking rich tourists fishing or backpacking or whatever else.

Okay, scenario:

Build a Carboard Box city.

115.jpg

Found my back-up plan.

Yeah, seeing that ~1/4 people will not pass makes me wonder why people would take the risk?

Yeah, seeing that ~1/4 people will not pass makes me wonder why people would take the risk?

You can bet most aren't excelling, either. If only 70% pass, a lot must be just getting by. Good luck getting into any competitive residency with that + foreign degree...

Just so everyone knows, I was being sarcastic when I said that's my back-up plan..... #awk

But yeah, its a complete joke and trap. Hope no one on SDN takes the risk of going overseas (carib) for med school.