ultrasound to eval for hydro in stones

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

totalbodypain

banana bag in hand
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of any good papers on the use of ED ultrasonography for eval of uretral hydro vs ct in nephrolithiasis. I took a quik search but couldn't find what I needed.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

totalbodypain said:
Anybody know of any good papers on the use of ED ultrasonography for eval of uretral hydro vs ct in nephrolithiasis. I took a quik search but couldn't find what I needed.
Thanks

only things I see from uptodate is:

Smith, RC, Rosenfield, AT, Choe, KA, et al. Acute flank pain: Comparison of non-contrast-enhanced CT and intravenous urogram. Radiology 1995; 194:789.

Sinclair, D, Wilson, S, Toi, A, Greenspan, L. The evaluation of suspected renal colic: Ultrasound scan versus excretory urography. Ann Emerg Med 1989; 18:556

Catalano, O, Nunziata, A, Altei, F, Siani, A. Suspected ureteral colic: primary helical CT versus selective helical CT after unenhanced radiography and sonography. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2002; 178:379.

Sheafor, DH, Hertzberg, BS, Freed, KS, et al. Nonenhanced helical CT and US in the emergency evaluation of patients with renal colic: prospective comparison. Radiology 2000; 217:792.

I think the 3rd and 4th ones are closest...

Members don't see this ad :)
totalbodypain said:
Thanks alot man. Just what I needed. :thumbup:

No problemo. I mean what else does a 4th year at this time of the year do haha. All right, back to halo.

JackBauERfan said:
No problemo. I mean what else does a 4th year at this time of the year do haha. All right, back to halo.
Eat, drink be merry. Do anything other than read those god forsaken papers. Rest...Youll need it when you get to NY. Thanks for the info anyhow.

totalbodypain said:
Eat, drink be merry. Do anything other than read those god forsaken papers. Rest...Youll need it when you get to NY. Thanks for the info anyhow.

i have some good stamina when it comes to medicine. i'm in an micu rotation and they've nicknamed me the machine, or something like that. we'll see how i fare in nyc though!