Umass Amherst for Pre-med?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crypticase

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Considering transferring to Umass Amherst for pre-med. Statistically, does anyone know the acceptance rate into Med School (especially Umass Med)?

Members don't see this ad.

Transferring from where?

Are you a MA resident? Do you want to stay a MA resident?

One thing I can tell you is that UMass Med is very friendly to pre-meds from Umass Amherst.
I got my grad degree there and taught there and it is a great school, its a party school so you are going to need to stay focused.

If you want some suggestions about labs you might want to look into, or professors you might want to get to know early who have some clout PM me.

Transferring from where?

Are you a MA resident? Do you want to stay a MA resident?

One thing I can tell you is that UMass Med is very friendly to pre-meds from Umass Amherst.
I got my grad degree there and taught there and it is a great school, its a party school so you are going to need to stay focused.

If you want some suggestions about labs you might want to look into, or professors you might want to get to know early who have some clout PM me.

Oh, it hasn't been a top party school for a while now.

Members don't see this ad :)
unless youre a MA resident, i dont think youre going there for medical school

Yes I'm an MA resident. I'm currently doing PharmD. in MCPHS, although now I'm considering a more Med track. I was thinking to continue with Pharmacy and then just apply to Med School, but I'm also considering just switching to pre-med since the classes for the first two years are pretty similar. I'm trying to see, though, how much pre-med at Umass would be beneficial towards Med School. Umass Med is more my top choice because of the tuition, but I'm also considering other places as well.