UMass email asking for statement of interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michiganfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did everyone get the Umass email asking for an explanation for why we are particularly interested in their program?

As a follow-up to this question, what is UMass particularly known for? Please forgive my ignorance... I have looked extensively at their website and have some ideas, but I just wanted to see if there was something that UMass is well-known for.

Thanks so much for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I just did mine based on info from the website. They ask for such a brief response that I don't think I could have fit anything else in.

I was a med student at UMass a few years ago and I rotated through the Derm department as a 4th year student. The school itself had a primary care focus, and took only MA applicants at the time. As for the Derm program, it's a broad program with general exposure, from cradle to grave, really. They have a large Mohs department, they have cosmetic exposure, as well as laser clinics. There's a dermpath fellowship so there is a dermpath fellow to learn from, as well. I believe there's also access to primary care derm attendings to rotate with as well. That's about all I remember though.