UMD Science in the evening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cole10101

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I was unable to find any recent posts about the UMD SIE program. I was wondering if anyone has been part of this program and can offer any feedback or advice? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I was unable to find any recent posts about the UMD SIE program. I was wondering if anyone has been part of this program and can offer any feedback or advice? Thanks!
I just applied. Have you heard back from them about their decision and if so, how long did it take?

I just applied. Have you heard back from them about their decision and if so, how long did it take?
Hello! I applied about a week ago (Thursday will be a week) and have not heard anything. Please let me know if you hear anything as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I applied about a week ago (Thursday will be a week) and have not heard anything. Please let me know if you hear anything as well!
They told me we won't hear back until April. I guess now we just play the waiting game haha. And save up money!

Oh wow okay! I'm happy you found out because I keep checking my email. From my understanding as long as you meet the GPA requirement you are eligible for the program right? I can't seem to find information regarding this.

Oh wow okay! I'm happy you found out because I keep checking my email. From my understanding as long as you meet the GPA requirement you are eligible for the program right? I can't seem to find information regarding this.
I got in but it's contingent on passing the math exam. I'm a little scared because I feel like it's been forever since I've taken an actual math class....

Hello,
Newbie here. I figured I would ask my question in this thread instead of making a new one. I would like to apply to the UMD SIE program instead of doing an al la carte or getting a second bachelor's degree. However, I do not have the 2.5 GPA min. Should I still apply to the post-bac? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Hello! I just got into the program and do not start until the fall so I can not really answer to that. The only issue I could see arising that they may bring up is that it would be hard to get a GPA that is under 2.5 to a level accepted by medical schools (if that is the route you plan on taking).

Hello! I just got into the program and do not start until the fall so I can not really answer to that. The only issue I could see arising that they may bring up is that it would be hard to get a GPA that is under 2.5 to a level accepted by medical schools (if that is the route you plan on taking).

Thanks for the reply. I emailed the coordinator and they said they're pretty strict with the GPA requirement. I think I'm going to go the second bachelor's route. I want to be a Biomedical Researcher btw.

Hey, just applied. Hopefully there are some spots left since i'm applying so close to the deadline (June 1st)

Got in (provisional). Anyone know if undergrad aid can be used for this program? Tried calling financial aid but there was a 1hr wait :/

Got in (provisional). Anyone know if undergrad aid can be used for this program? Tried calling financial aid but there was a 1hr wait :/

Hello! I do not think so because it is not a full time program. I just got a letter in the mail saying I am not eligible for financial aid, at least.