UMDNJ SOM class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmB27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. How is everyone's application process going?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I got a phone call on Friday (October 21) from a third year. He congratulated me and welcomed me to the SOM family.

:D

I am ecstatic about my acceptance....SOM was/is my top choice....
I will not be going to my remaining interviews......not even at my second choice......I am in love with SOM......

I look forward to starting at SOM in fall 2012!!!! :D

Last edited:
The school still hasn't got back to me yet. Anxiously waiting for the phone call.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the school i want to attend.

Just got accepted this past Friday! Looking forward to seeing our class assemble and meeting everyone!

Got accepted on Friday! :D UMDNJ is my number one, but my advisor recommended that I still go to my other interviews, "just in case I change my mind".

Doubtful that I will, but I'm going to them anyway.

But I will likely see you guys at UMDNJ next year!

Got the call on Friday from my interviewer and a student that I was accepted! This is my number 1 so I am withdrawing all of my other apps! So excited:)

My acceptance packet hasn't arrived yet......just curious if other peoples' packets have arrived

Can a mod move this to the "Osteopathic Class Threads" section :confused:

Hello,
I got a phone call on Friday (October 21) from a third year. He congratulated me and welcomed me to the SOM family.

I am ecstatic about my acceptance....SOM was/is my top choice....
I will not be going to my remaining interviews......not even at my second choice......I am in love with SOM......

I look forward to starting at SOM in fall 2012!!!! :D

You've got the right attitude :) congratulations. lmk if you have any questions in general about the school and ill try my best to answer it for you

anyone else planning on doing The PreMatriculation Program :confused:

I think I'm going to pre matriculation program, I figured it wouldn't hurt and I have the time.

Hi guys, I'm actually looking into housing if any girls out there are looking too. email me! [email protected]. I loved to get that stuff settled and plan on moving in at the end of june.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,
I am looking for an apartment-mate to share a 2 BR apartment. I have a specific apartment in mind (conveniently located from our campus).
My email is [email protected]

Fyi I am a dude.
So let me know if you are also a dude looking for an apartment-mate.

Sincerely,
The FutureDoctorrrr

Last edited:
Super excited about SOM!!!! I'm still going to my other interviews but 99.888888889% sure I'll be at SOM & attending the pre-matric program!!!

Are there other females attending pre-matric? May be looking to split a 2Br, pre-matric starts last week of June.

Hey Everyone! I was just accepted!! Cant wait to meet everyone at Accepted Students Day!:soexcited:

Hi everyone! Congrats to all of you on your acceptance! I wanted to start a Facebook page for our class
=D

hey guys - i'm really psyched for next year. i thought about making the facebook group too...i actually just gave it a shot - not that tech savvy though, so it might not have worked. check it out. no fancy name, just "UMDNJ-SOM Class of 2016". hope you're all as pumped as i am.

I just got the call today, and im super excited. What are we supposed to do now.
Does the official acceptance package come in email or mail.

I just got the call today, and im super excited. What are we supposed to do now.
Does the official acceptance package come in email or mail.

It will come by mail. It will include an acceptance form, finanacial aid info, info about pre-matric program and packet of local apartments.

hey guys - i'm really psyched for next year. i thought about making the facebook group too...i actually just gave it a shot - not that tech savvy though, so it might not have worked. check it out. no fancy name, just "UMDNJ-SOM Class of 2016". hope you're all as pumped as i am.
requested to join

hey i tried searching for " UMDNJ-SOM Class of 2016 " on facebook, nothing is showing up, can you check the privacy settings on the group maybe? can't figure out why it won't show up for me, thanks, excited to meet you guys!

Were health forms included in anyones packet, or are they coming at a later date? I don't recall seeing anything. I have the list that came with the interview information via email, but no actual form to be completed by the doctor.

Were health forms included in anyones packet, or are they coming at a later date? I don't recall seeing anything. I have the list that came with the interview information via email, but no actual form to be completed by the doctor.

I think we get them in March?

Hey everyone,
I am looking for an apartment-mate to share a 2 BR apartment. I have a specific apartment in mind (conveniently located from our campus).
My email is [email protected]

Fyi I am a dude.
So let me know if you are also a dude looking for an apartment-mate.

Sincerely,
The FutureDoctorrrr

any luck?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if we are supposed to get some kind of confirmation when the admissions department receives the signed enrollment form and the deposit. I sent mine in a week ago. Is it safe for me to withdraw from all my other applications now.

Does anyone know if we are supposed to get some kind of confirmation when the admissions department receives the signed enrollment form and the deposit. I sent mine in a week ago. Is it safe for me to withdraw from all my other applications now.

You can find out if the check has already been deposited :)

Do all acceptance calls go out on the friday or do they leave some for monday as well?

Does anybody know when our FAFSA's are due by? ie, what is the deadline?

This forum how I met my first med school roommate 8 years ago, and now that I'm finally done residency, i'll be leaving the area and am looking for a med student to rent my condo.

Its minutes from the school, 1 bedroom, 2nd room study, 1 bath, fireplace, newer appliances, safe and very well maintained. pls email for flyer/pics. $975/month

[email protected]

Is anyone going to the "accepted students day" next week?

Hey all... Hope everyone is doing well! Just wondering where everyone is looking to live next year!?!

If you join the FB group. People are discussing housing on there

Has anyone heard what the tuition is going to be next year. I think its supposed to go up but they are not going to officially announce the tuition until july. Supposedly, some nj newspaper found out how much tuition would increase, and published it. I cant find this info anywhere though

Has anyone heard what the tuition is going to be next year. I think its supposed to go up but they are not going to officially announce the tuition until july. Supposedly, some nj newspaper found out how much tuition would increase, and published it. I cant find this info anywhere though

No NJ state schools will officially know tuition or monies allocated to schools till just prior to July 1 (the start of the new fiscal year). Please post the article if you locate it, I'd love to have a heads up on the damage.

Hey,
I just found out today from another student at orientation that the assigned reading for the summer was "The DO's Osteopathic Medicine in America" and that we have to right a paper on it by the 1st of September...is that true?

Hey,
I just found out today from another student at orientation that the assigned reading for the summer was "The DO's Osteopathic Medicine in America" and that we have to right a paper on it by the 1st of September...is that true?

They recommended reading it during the summer to get a head start. Yes, we are required to read it and there are 3 reflection papers to write on various chapters. The due dates are spread out. If memory serves me, I think Sept 1 paper is only on chap 1-4.