UMN PASS 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Selan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting this thread for UMN PASS 2015 cycle opening DECEMBER 16, 2013 and deadline JULY 16,2014

Members don't see this ad.

they have added additional 6 months to the program with extra fees !!! why are schools doing this ..greedy..

they have added additional 6 months to the program with extra fees !!! why are schools doing this ..greedy..
With the fees they need to increase the number of seats!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't see the increased fee and the time.. where you got the info?? please share the link..

Hi,
What are the number of seats for UMN Pass 2015?
Thanks

Hi,,,,
Did any one receive interview call from UMN yet??

I applied before a week, received an email that they will get back to me after 10th march

Is it late to apply at UMN?

Reactions: 1 user
Guys did anybody add letters of Recommendation to UMN application ?The program does not request it. Do we still need to add in LORs. Thinking of applying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys did anybody add letters of Recommendation to UMN application ?The program does not request it. Do we still need to add in LORs. Thinking of applying.
No, UMN doesn't require LOR's. I read it on the faq's section..

How do these people select is if they don't have LoRs ? Based on our gpa?

They have mentioned on their website ..they look at all the aspects of the application .
hey i have a question.. it says on the website that they require a mandatory 1 year of work in the home country after graduation.. do u all have 1 year of work after graduation at ur home countries? i just graduated last year and sicne then ive been shuttling between home and the states for my part 1 and 2 exams and shadowing.. was so confused when i read this!

How do these people select is if they don't have LoRs ? Based on our gpa?
hey i have a question.. it says on the website that they require a mandatory 1 year of work in the home country after graduation.. do u all have 1 year of work after graduation at ur home countries? i just graduated last year and sicne then ive been shuttling between home and the states for my part 1 and 2 exams and shadowing.. was so confused when i read this!
Hey where did you read that? I went through the website again and couldn't find this. Do not worry coz one of my friends was a fresh graduate and got into the program. All the best.

Hey where did you read that? I went through the website again and couldn't find this. Do not worry coz one of my friends was a fresh graduate and got into the program. All the best.
wow thanks- that gives me some hope! theyve written it under admission requirements (degree portion).. i think they have meant either 12 months of internship completion or 1 year mandatory work at a govt hospital.. i think its an either rather than an 'and'. not sure.. im still appllying thou! any ideas about interviews yet? they said they start interviews feb 14 onwards..

Hi Hope4, Are you sure there are 29 seats in UMN...I checked their website and it said 11.

You are right, I looked at one number and posted another one.... 29 months program, 11 seats. Thank you.

wow thanks- that gives me some hope! theyve written it under admission requirements (degree portion).. i think they have meant either 12 months of internship completion or 1 year mandatory work at a govt hospital.. i think its an either rather than an 'and'. not sure.. im still appllying thou! any ideas about interviews yet? they said they start interviews feb 14 onwards..
I applied Mid- Feb so yet to hear from them. Two of my known applied in Mid January-- one of them got an interview for March. They have started sending the rejection letters too/:xf:

I applied Mid- Feb so yet to hear from them. Two of my known applied in Mid January-- one of them got an interview for March. They have started sending the rejection letters too/:xf:
wow thats intense.. i thought they dont send rejection letters untill the very end.. bold i must say :p

When did you apply? Any updates?
i havent applied yet. ill be applying by next week when i get all my docs in place. they need the scores and all to be sent by us so im just arranging all that still.

Any news those who applied? Have they sent invi for the 2nd batch? Anyone?? :(:unsure:

:(:(Just got a letter saying at this time you are not selected for interview but we are keeping your file active and will notify you about interview by phone/email if any changes ...So this means a rejection rt? Any one in similar shoes who got a call later on ??

Officially sent in my docs last weekend! So I'm in the race now :p

:(:(Just got a letter saying at this time you are not selected for interview but we are keeping your file active and will notify you about interview by phone/email if any changes ...So this means a rejection rt? Any one in similar shoes who got a call later on ??
I don't think that's a rejection. They r telling u to stay optimistic and that u could get a call anytime

Guyz,
Anyone has an idea how many candidates they have interviewed until now? I sent my appplication last month, waiting to hear back.:xf:

Guyz,
Anyone has an idea how many candidates they have interviewed until now? I sent my appplication last month, waiting to hear back.:xf:
have u heard anything so far? i received my application completion email today :D

Interview on 9th April..Any females here who wants to share accommodation?? PM me :)

Is this your first application cycle at UMN? Is it ok to share your stats? I am confused to apply or not ..

hii guys, does any one know how many students are interviewed every year by minnesota. is it worth applying?..and whats difference between dds and dmd

Is this your first application cycle at UMN? Is it ok to share your stats? I am confused to apply or not ..
Hi.. Yes this was my first application cycle at UMN. I dont think stats matter that much . A friend of mine with not -so-great stats and nill clinical experience got in lasy year. Its a whole lot of luck and the whole application that counts (Atleast this is what I feel)

I am planing to apply to UMN in the current application cycle. I am still studying for my part 2. I should be sending in my application in June mid. Will I have any chances at all considering it will be pretty late in the application cycle??

Hi.. Yes this was my first application cycle at UMN. I dont think stats matter that much . A friend of mine with not -so-great stats and nill clinical experience got in lasy year. Its a whole lot of luck and the whole application that counts (Atleast this is what I feel)

Ok, thank you for the reply !!

Did anyone get an interview call recently?
Is it true that they are interviewing every Wednesday from the first interview?
waiting to hear back from them eagerly :wideyed:

anyone willing to share accomodation for april 30

how long did it take them to get back to u? i got an application completion email 2 weeks ago but nothing since then.

I AM SORRY.. ANY FEMALE WILLING TO SHARE ACCOMODATION FOR 29TH AND 30TH APRIL IN MINNESOTA ?

Hi there,
I got an interview call from UMN.
Is there anyone who interviewed in this cycle willing to share his/her experience.
Also did anybody hear back after the interview? How long do they take to get back?

Anybody willing to share their interview experience?
will be of great help.
Thanks!