Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would this be a red flag?

I've been a 3rd responder EMT (uncertified) with an EMS squad. I take patient vitals and such, but I am not fully EMT certified. The EMT squad is shutting down soon, and I will have about 120 hours of volunteering here. I've realized that I don't necessarily have the time to take an EMT course and so I will not pursue certification. Instead, I'll do scribing and MA work. Is it bad if I don't pursue EMT certification due to not having enough time? Can I include the uncertified volunteering on my application?

Yes, include this as volunteering on your app. Nobody will give a second thought to why you didn't get certified, they'll just care about whether at the end of the day you have enough hours.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you. What would I list this as? 3rd Responder Volunteering? It would still be clinical, correct? Also, do I mention why I wasn't certified? Or would that come off as "lazy" for not pursuing certification?

I'll leave the title of the activity to you. It is definitely clinical. Again, nobody is going to care one way or the other what you call it or whether you were certified (which I wouldn't go out of your way to mention) as long as you get enough hours overall.

Thank you. What would I list this as? 3rd Responder Volunteering? It would still be clinical, correct? Also, do I mention why I wasn't certified? Or would that come off as "lazy" for not pursuing certification?

No one is going to pursue that much energy to thinking about this

Status
Not open for further replies.