MPH Undergrad coursework for MPH: Epi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WHOdriscoll91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently I'm in my senior year (B.S in Public Health), and I am trying to take on some courses that will both prepare me for grad school and make my application more attractive. I am pretty set on an MPH, or MS ,concentrating on Epidemiology. Should I focus on more qualitative or quantitative coursework? I know there is a lot more to an application than just coursework, but I really want to make my application as competitive as possible. Thank you for any help!

oh and just some background on myself:
3.6 GPA
large state school
No science grade lower than a B+

Members don't see this ad.

I would say focus on quantitative courses. Go through at least calc 2 if you can and get at least 1 or 2 courses in statistics. If your undergrad major is public health, then the degree requirements probably gave you enough qualitative courses to be fairly competitive. I'm in an MPH Epi program (considering applying for a PhD program) and my biggest wish is that I had continued through with calc 2 rather than stopping after calc 1.