About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undergrad major for OTD

Discussion in 'Occupational Therapy [ O.T.D ]' started by Music333, Nov 17, 2007.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Music333

Music333

Other Health Professions Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I am currently a freshman in college and am possibly considering going to grad school for an OTD. Does it really matter what you major in as long as you complete the required/recommended courses?
    Also, does the prestige of your undergrad school matter in OTD? Currently, I am at a state school, but was admitted to a top 20 school as a transfer. Is it worth it for me to transfer to the better, but much more expensive, school?
  2. Bad0 Fish0

Bad0 Fish0

SDN 2+ Year Member
    No, no, and no. As long as you complete the pre-reqs, your major really doesn't matter - however, they love a firm background in psychology. Plus, it would benefit you. Where you did your undergrad work doesn't matter, either. It also doesn't matter how expensive your school is - private institutions are much more expensive and really don't offer anything more. Find a public in-state institution with a good reputation for their OT school. Good luck!