undergrad research at UC Berkeley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

binderpaper

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten a dime for the last 3 years, but my lab is pretty new and I'm at a private mid tier university so not a lot of ground breaking research going on. I did 2 independent studies which was nice because I got 2 A's out of them and had a lighter course load during those semesters. I used to spend about 20 hours per week in the lab but now my research project is over and I'm writing my thesis so I'm rarely in the lab. My PI has zero social skills so we really don't have as great of a relationship as I would have liked, but I'm pretty tight with the grad student I work with. I've done 3 "independent" projects where I basically do all the work for my PI who designs all the experiments. The first 2 didn't work, but my most recent one had pretty good results and I believe it is getting published.

Overall, I would have either liked to work in a different lab or not done research at all. Maybe clinical or medical research would be a different story, but I have zero interest in the research I am doing haha.

I haven't gotten a dime for the last 3 years, but my lab is pretty new and I'm at a private mid tier university so not a lot of ground breaking research going on. I did 2 independent studies which was nice because I got 2 A's out of them and had a lighter course load during those semesters. I used to spend about 20 hours per week in the lab but now my research project is over and I'm writing my thesis so I'm rarely in the lab. My PI has zero social skills so we really don't have as great of a relationship as I would have liked, but I'm pretty tight with the grad student I work with. I've done 3 "independent" projects where I basically do all the work for my PI who designs all the experiments. The first 2 didn't work, but my most recent one had pretty good results and I believe it is getting published.

Overall, I would have either liked to work in a different lab or not done research at all. Maybe clinical or medical research would be a different story, but I have zero interest in the research I am doing haha.

Are you getting your name on the paper?

Members don't see this ad :)