UNE Dental Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

With a heavy heart, I declined my seat, good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven’t heard of any school pulling from waitlist yet.
There have been schools pulling from the waitlist; I got accepted from a waitlist at another school yesterday

There have been schools pulling from the waitlist; I got accepted from a waitlist at another school yesterday
Congratulations!! what school is this, if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: 1 user
Okay sweet! When are you planning on taking the course? I was probably going to start on the February 7th start date or the one later in February (I think its on the 20th or something like that).
I just registered for the one that starts Feb 3rd!

Just what you thought about the overall online anatomy course. How were the quizzes and exams in your opinion? How many hours a week of studying would you say you put in the course to get a good grade? I'm just asking to prepare myself, because I am in the midst of finishing up some research while also working a part time job.
Sorry for just getting back to you. I wish I could have taken the anatomy class in person as that would have made the labs much easier. All exams are proctored. From my experience, I didn't think the exams were that relevant to what was actually taught. I was like well this was never mentioned in the lecture. So, I didn't know what to expect, but to rely on quizlets. I mean it is doable and you need to self teach most of the stuff. Quizzes were easy. And for the exams, you can have two attempts, I believe. But you have to pay for the extra attempts. Labs are sometimes annoying as you have to do it online or sometimes with a kit. Just be aware that most schools might not accept online labs. I did pull an A, but I am not a big fan of UNE online courses. I spent like 3 hrs for each subject everyday and I still felt I was lost. I was taking those two at the same time with other courses at my college. If you have more time, maybe it would be easier for you. Good luck!

Hopefully they start pulling from waitlist this week, unless their class is full?
The Facebook group for UNE 2025 currently has 52 members. This means theres still a few spots remaining.

Does anyone know if they have started accepting applicants from the waitlist yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not heard anything. Does anyone know how long the waitlist is? And how the movement on it is usually every year?

Haven't heard anything either! Hoping for some movement soon!

I know, that seems a little disheartening, however, if you look at the year prior, people were being accepted off the waitlist throughout Feb, March, April, and May... so I'm wondering if the people last year just didn't post it when it happened

does anyone know if UNE has block style ( one exam every 3-4 weeks that covers all lectures from all classes in one setting) or are exams spread out ?
Hello! Current D1 here. We do not have block scheduling. Exams are scheduled throughout the semester by the course director of each course. We typically have at least 1 quiz/exam per week but normally more.

Reactions: 1 users
I know, that seems a little disheartening, however, if you look at the year prior, people were being accepted off the waitlist throughout Feb, March, April, and May... so I'm wondering if the people last year just didn't post it when it happened
I personally was accepted off the waitlist last April! A large portion of my classmates were also waitlisted and taken off between feb and July! Keep in mind many students do not use SDN or post.

Reactions: 2 users
Same here, got off the waitlist in April! Don't lose hope guys, things change by the time classes begin.They are still accepting students!

I just got my acceptance today unexpectedly!! But I have already committed to University of Buffalo so I will be turning my spot down, good luck to everyone else!! It was fun waiting and anticipating with yall

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else find it odd that they sent out an email stating NOT to reply if you are still interested in attending?

I think it was for people who are on UNE's waitlist but have accepted a seat at another school. Just so the admissions office doesn't waste time choosing applicants off the waitlist who are just going to deny UNE's offer because they already have committed to another school.

I have not heard anything since the last letter indicating continued waitlist information. Has anyone recently spoken with admissions to see how many seats they have left?

Do you think we will hear back from UNE in April if you are on the waitlist? Or should I just plan to reapply for next cycle?

Gave up my spot on a waitlist a while ago, I'm sure many will be hearing in April that they got off the waitlist based on what other students have posted! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Have you already committed to another school?
Yes I have, UW! It was definitely hard to give up my waitlist spot because I loved so much about UNE, but UW is a better choice for me and my family.

being on this waitlist is killing me! How often do they pull from the waitlist? Anybody know how many seats are still available?

it was a really hard decision but I gave up my spot today. hope it goes to one of you waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
Still on the waitlist. I’m not sure if I should withdraw since I got into another program, albeit, a 5-year program 😓

I believe the 2nd deposit deadline is April 5th, so hopefully there is movement throughout next week

I know someone who was accepted off the waitlist yesterday, just wanted to let everyone know there is movement!

I think the deposit deadline was today so hopefully more people will hear from them tomorrow or sometime this week.
I received an acceptance today at 10:30 AM via email after being waitlisted

I received an acceptance today at 10:30 AM via email after being waitlisted
just accepted you into our unofficial fb group and we are currently at 61 members (excluding 3 current students also in the group). So seems like there are still a few seats left maybe ~2-3? :thumbup:

Last edited: