Unfunded PhD in Health Management, any advise please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dryan8x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted into a PhD in Health Management and Policy by a state university in Kentucky but I may not know the funding information until July. There may be a graduate assistantship opportunity that can only know until summer. However, I already accepted this admission offer. I really want to study this program but I cannot afford. I try to look for scholarships but I haven't found any scholarships yet. My solutions are:

1. Defer the offer, go to work and try to look for a scholarship.
2. Apply for another program with full fundings next year.
3. Take loans for the first year and find fundings while I am in school.

However, it would be expensive since I will be an out-of-state student and already have student loans. I would appreciate any one could let me know where I can find a scholarship for PhD in public health. Please give specific information because I have been trying to find and read a ton of websites.

Members don't see this ad.

If you can't afford it, you should definitely wait to hear what happens. But let your adviser know of your situation so that he/she can help work on the situation with you. If it doesn't work out, you can always withdraw your admission. It may be painful as a PhD is probably something you really wanted to do, but finances should definitely be sorted out before embarking on a very expensive (and sometimes tenuous) training program and career!