Univ of Nevada, Las Vegas, any one apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLsurferDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have an interview with them in February and from the website it looks like a great program with a great price. Any one else apply or have info about the school? Thanks
It is a great program and a great price and in Las Vegas. So...you are going to another school huh?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really, really, really considered applying there. Just by perusing their website, you could tell it was a solid program. But I told myself, if by chance hell freezes over and I get accepted to UNLV, I dont think living in Las Vegas would be beneficial to me:laugh: and my focus on school.

Also glad to hear that you are still going for PT!!!! Good luck!!!!

Glad to see you're headstrong, and trying to improve your situation.
I'm not sure why I was delusional and applied to WCU other than the prospect of cost in the first place :oops: I need reasonable cost and some sort of metropolitan area for QOL issues.

Hope someone can comment on the program further. It's rather small at 30 relatively and reasonable for out of state price. More so, dirt cheap if you're a Nevada resident.

I've heard living in Vegas and vacationing in Vegas are somewhat different experiences.

Good luck and hope you don't have an addictive personality. :D

I was *this close* to applying there, but my AP bio credits from HS weren't accepted. I have a friend that is there now who is a 2nd year. We talk whenever she comes back into town and I can tell she is absolutely in love with the school. She never has a negative comment and it seems like they have a solid program over there.

If you have any specific questions about it, I can ask her. She is in town for the holidays.

I have an interview with them in February and from the website it looks like a great program with a great price. Any one else apply or have info about the school? Thanks

Applied and interviewed there last year. Ended up getting a high spot on the waitlist but dropped out since I got into a couple of other schools higher on my list.

With UNLV, you definitely get a lot of bang for your buck. Even as an out-of-stater, tuition would be less than if you were to go to another public school. The program and the facilities seemed decent. From what I remember, the PT/faculty ratio- student ratio is favorable.

Sorry to hear about your experience at WCU. This may be the last three years for you in school, so take advantage of it and embrace it. If you have to pay a little more for happiness, believe me, it's well worth it. I definitely haven't been the happiest person with my PT school experience. It's going to work out just fine at the very end, but if I had to do it over again, i would had gone where I truly wanted to go (rather than let my practical side win).