Univ of Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athin001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know if U of Pittsburgh has rolling admission?

I've been trying to research this and according to their FAQ page: "When the Admissions Committee begins to review applications, they will consider applicants for admission and acceptance letters will be mailed, at that time."

I'm confused on what that means. When they begin to review applications, do they review apps in the order that were sent in? Or do they review apps after the deadline with no preference to when the apps were sent in?

Thanks for the clarification!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, does anyone know if U of Pittsburgh has rolling admission?

I've been trying to research this and according to their FAQ page: "When the Admissions Committee begins to review applications, they will consider applicants for admission and acceptance letters will be mailed, at that time."

I'm confused on what that means. When they begin to review applications, do they review apps in the order that were sent in? Or do they review apps after the deadline with no preference to when the apps were sent in?

Thanks for the clarification!

why don't you give the school a call directly ?? ;)

why don't you give the school a call directly ?? ;)
I tried calling multiple times on Friday, Monday, and Tuesday and even left them a voice mail...but to no avail. And they never emailed me back either :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried calling multiple times on Friday, Monday, and Tuesday and even left them a voice mail...but to no avail. And they never emailed me back either :(

I have similar experience with one school I applied to this Spring. Same things: I called admission like gazillion times over the course of many weeks for info and status of my application after waiting months, always went straight to voice mails (not even one time that anyone in the office had ever picked up the phone to say hello), left tons of message, also emailed and no one called or emailed me back. I felt like hitting a wall with no one on the other side. I then looked up the numbers and called the DEAN of the pharmacy school AND the PRESIDENT of the university, telling them the situation. The admission officers called me back within 15 min and apologized with stupid BS excuses like they had to travel and were swamped with applications blah blah blah.... :laugh::laugh:

They subsequently invited me for an interview the next day. But after all that, I lost interest (that experience was like a cautionary tale telling me something really going wrong with the school) and declined the interview.

I have similar experience with one school I applied to this Spring. Same things: I called admission like gazillion times over the course of many weeks for info and status of my application after waiting months, always went straight to voice mails (not even one time that anyone in the office had ever picked up the phone to say hello), left tons of message, also emailed and no one called or emailed me back. I felt like hitting a wall with no one on the other side. I then looked up the numbers and called the DEAN of the pharmacy school AND the PRESIDENT of the university, telling them the situation. The admission officers called me back within 15 min and apologized with stupid BS excuses like they had to travel and were swamped with applications blah blah blah.... :laugh::laugh:

They subsequently invited me for an interview the next day. But after all that, I lost interest (that experience was like a cautionary tale telling me something really going wrong with the school) and declined the interview.
LOL wow thats crazy. But yeah, schools like these def make you think twice about attending