University of Buffalo 2012 Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfairyqueen

Dental Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any update about Application status after paying online fee?
they haven't mentioned to receive any nbde or toefl score? are there actually no documents to be sent to buffalo?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone got any update about Application status after paying online fee?
they haven't mentioned to receive any nbde or toefl score? are there actually no documents to be sent to buffalo?

I just received an email indicating that they recieved CAAPID app...and then same details what they have on their website. This was even after I paid the application fee. From the email and website details it doesn't look they need anything other than application fee. Emails says wait for 3-4 weeks before they check and inform if the application is complete or not.

Can anybody throw some light on the bench exam fee of UOB this year? Last year, it was around 1500 dollars.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an email indicating that they recieved CAAPID app...and then same details what they have on their website. This was even after I paid the application fee. From the email and website details it doesn't look they need anything other than application fee. Emails says wait for 3-4 weeks before they check and inform if the application is complete or not.
ditto.... so no need to send any scores or anything!!!

I just received an email from Buffalo that enlists the document they received (CAAPID app, $75 fee, LOR's and ECE thru CAAPID) and the document they haven't (none).

It states that admission committee will now begin reviewing my application and inform application status via e-mail (no time period provided).

@ dingash

we dont need to send anythng apart frm applictn fee to the school??

i received email from them...but it says my ECE has not been received and send official copy of ece to them...but i am not able to understand that if they received my CAAPID thn how cn they not get my ECE which i already submittd to caapid...any suggestions wat can i do?

i received email from them...but it says my ECE has not been received and send official copy of ece to them...but i am not able to understand that if they received my CAAPID thn how cn they not get my ECE which i already submittd to caapid...any suggestions wat can i do?
they havent asked for any documents.... i mean only the online fee and caapid..

Members don't see this ad :)

Call them and clarify or contact CAAPID and inform that Buffalo hasn't recived your information. They share information electronically so should be able to see if ECE is visible to them.

hey guys

recieved a mail from buffalo which says they will review the applicaton in 3-4 weeks...

Plz tell me wat is this 'Student Person Number' in the fee application form? do i need to obtain one fr the school?

Plz tell me wat is this 'Student Person Number' in the fee application form? do i need to obtain one fr the school?

It's an optional field, you can leave it blank if you don't have one. Or you can use your social security number - if you have one.

hey friends...m new to this community..
Have already got application complete email couple of weeks back...any idea about when will they start calling for IV.??

Hi friends,
I have a doubt in the supplemental application of univ. of Buffalo. In the 'apply to semester' section, should I select fall 2012, as this is the only available.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi friends,
I have a doubt in the supplemental application of univ. of Buffalo. In the 'apply to semester' section, should I select fall 2012, as this is the only available.
Thanks.

Yes, if you are applying for session starting 2012.

Does Students with less than 83 Part - 1 score are eligible to apply for UOB (Univ. of Buffallo) NY? Plz reply soon.

Does Students with less than 83 Part - 1 score are eligible to apply for UOB (Univ. of Buffallo) NY? Plz reply soon.

according to me yeas..you are eligible to apply....

well i called them to few months back they said anything below 83 wont qualify ( even 82) and application wont be considered but if u really wana try you can may be admission commette give you a chance( polite way of saying NOOOO)

i have noticed one thg when a uni specifies certain criteria like 90 and above in toefl,or some score mark for part1 they do stick to it....last yr i wasted lot of money by applyg to schools whr my scores where low than wat they mentioned on their website

if u want u can try i just did it and they already e-mailed me saying that my application won't be considered because i have 80, they stated "that information is clear in our website, you have to score more than 83 on part I", I already waste my money so I don't want u to do it. Good luck

Anyone received any email confirmation for application complete? or any word from them. Last I heard from them was on Jul 8 ..."The Student Admissions Committee will now begin to review your application. Upon completion of the review you will receive notification of your application status via e-mail. "

interviews invites will be sent out next month they said when i called last week.

Thanks anum123! I assume they were not specific on when in Sept..right?
Did they confirm over phone if your application is complete?

ya she dint say which week of sep or anythg like that
well i had got an applictn complete email a week after i applied...but they do say ur status on phone

ya she dint say which week of sep or anythg like that
well i had got an applictn complete email a week after i applied...but they do say ur status on phone

Thanks again...this helps.

when will invitation out for interview?any person get interview letter yet?

Hi Guys,

Last year the invitation were sent out in the third week of October and the interviews were scheduled just before the american thanksgiving day in Nov. The results were declared two weeks from the interview & exam.

The university is tentatively going to increase its intake to 24 seats from 16 this year. There will be a bench test for 8 hrs and the fee was US $1500/- last year ( ....and unfortunately, it looks like that its going to be same this year too). But the good thing is that you get an opportunity to prove yourself while preparing teeth for six - seven different procedures instead of preparing it for one or two teeth as, is the case in other universities. So, if one tooth is not well prepared or something goes wrong ......then at least you have other six preparations to prove.

Last year they called 50 students for the interview and 16 were selected ....and there are student in the ladder who move to different colleges too...at the end the acceptance ratio comes to around 1 in 2 / 3 students ( appx.) appearing for the interview.

The university, faculty and the teaching environment is excellent.

Good Luck!

Hi Guys,

Last year the invitation were sent out in the third week of October and the interviews were scheduled just before the american thanksgiving day in Nov. The results were declared two weeks from the interview & exam.

The university is tentatively going to increase its intake to 24 seats from 16 this year. There will be a bench test for 8 hrs and the fee was US $1500/- last year ( ....and unfortunately, it looks like that its going to be same this year too). But the good thing is that you get an opportunity to prove yourself while preparing teeth for six - seven different procedures instead of preparing it for one or two teeth as, is the case in other universities. So, if one tooth is not well prepared or something goes wrong ......then at least you have other six preparations to prove.

Last year they called 50 students for the interview and 16 were selected ....and there are student in the ladder who move to different colleges too...at the end the acceptance ratio comes to around 1 in 2 / 3 students ( appx.) appearing for the interview.

The university, faculty and the teaching environment is excellent.

Good Luck!

thanks for all the info.. could you plz tell a little about the bench test and what all they ask you to do in 8 hrs.. that is a lot of time
thanks

Last year the bench test exam was:

" Preparations and restorations to be accomplished during the exam
Candidates will be asked to prepare the following teeth:
• All‐ceramic crown for a maxillary anterior tooth
• Prepare two maxillary premolar teeth for an MO resin and restore one with a resin
• Prepare two maxillary molar teeth for an MOD amalgam and restore one with amalgam
• Prepare a mandibular premolar tooth for an abutment for a 3‐unit Fixed Partial Denture.
The other abutment will be already prepared.
• Survey a mandibular cast and design an RPD.
(The candidate will successfully survey, design and treatment plan a mandibular cast in need of
a partial denture)."

The university will let candidates know what is to be performed during the bench test along with the letter of invitation. Hope it helps.

Good Luck!

thanks for all the info.. could you plz tell a little about the bench test and what all they ask you to do in 8 hrs.. that is a lot of time
thanks

Last year the bench test exam was:

" Preparations and restorations to be accomplished during the exam
Candidates will be asked to prepare the following teeth:
• All‐ceramic crown for a maxillary anterior tooth
• Prepare two maxillary premolar teeth for an MO resin and restore one with a resin
• Prepare two maxillary molar teeth for an MOD amalgam and restore one with amalgam
• Prepare a mandibular premolar tooth for an abutment for a 3‐unit Fixed Partial Denture.
The other abutment will be already prepared.
• Survey a mandibular cast and design an RPD.
(The candidate will successfully survey, design and treatment plan a mandibular cast in need of
a partial denture)."

The university will let candidates know what is to be performed during the bench test along with the letter of invitation. Hope it helps.

Good Luck!

that is a workload.
thanks for your help.

via e-mail or regular mail? Congrats

I got it. November 21st and 22nd.
Just got the invitation but declined... I don't want to get accepted there:) and fall into debt. Had applied just in case I didn't invites from anywhere else..

hey i received it too. Should our scores be sent directly by ets,ece and ada?

i asked from the university .. they said whatever is easier for u do it that way.. but send it to the right address

i asked from the university .. they said whatever is easier for u do it that way.. but send it to the right address

So, you mean, should it be sent to the school address?
Ms. Kristin Yager

Student Admissions / Attn: IDP Program
School of Dental Medicine
315 Squire Hall
University at Buffalo
Buffalo New York 14214

Does it have any toefl code?
Thanks.

Congrats to all who have received invitation letters. By any chance, does anyone know if the University at Buffalo will send invitation later? Because according the their website, the review of applications are in rolling base format.

Just got the invitation but declined... I don't want to get accepted there:) and fall into debt. Had applied just in case I didn't invites from anywhere else..
I am happy that they are giving time to decide. We can wait till October 31st why did you decline?

I got invitation email today! I might decline if I get any acceptance somewhere else!