University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PotCarrot

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
May anyone please remark on the pathology program at the University of Cincinnati. Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there back in December (actually my first interview). In general, I would say that the strength of the programs lies primarily in AP. In addition, the ability to rotate through the Children's hospital is a big plus if you want to see alot of peds path. Also, the housestaff have gone on to pursue fellowships at places like MGH and MD Anderson. However, one glaring weakness of Cincinatti is that as of the time that I interviewed there, they did not have a single heme path attending on staff in the path department, and so the residents had to rotate at other places in town for adult heme path exposure (they got plenty of peds heme/onc at Children's hospital). Naturally, they are in the process of recruiting a heme path attending. They also are in the process of finding a new chairman as the current chair (who is very well-known for GI path) has recently announced her retirement. Then again, most programs are in the process of looking for new chairs, so that probably has little to do with residency education. The bottom line is that if for some reason, you wanted to be in the geographic area for residency, then Cincinatti is an okay choice but probably wouldn't be a number one program choice for your avg applicant out there. Hope that helps!