University Of Colorado- skaggs 2016 interview advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackieD51

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! not sure if this was ever created, but I decided to make a thread for students interviewing to enter the 2016 pharmacy curriculum.

I just got an email to set up an interview with them and I'm going at the end of February. This is my first pharmacy school interview and I've also never done a mock interview either so I'm a bit nervous. Colorado sent me an email discussing what the day would consist of and I'm super nervous about everything.
There are several group activities. One being a group interview and then another is doing an essay for 45 mins.
So does anyone have advice about how to prepare for pharmacy school interviews, specifically Colorado. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Even things that you wish you would have done/ wish you had never done etc

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! not sure if this was ever created, but I decided to make a thread for students interviewing to enter the 2016 pharmacy curriculum.

I just got an email to set up an interview with them and I'm going at the end of February. This is my first pharmacy school interview and I've also never done a mock interview either so I'm a bit nervous. Colorado sent me an email discussing what the day would consist of and I'm super nervous about everything.
There are several group activities. One being a group interview and then another is doing an essay for 45 mins.
So does anyone have advice about how to prepare for pharmacy school interviews, specifically Colorado. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Even things that you wish you would have done/ wish you had never done etc

Thank you :)
You're likely to get a lot of advice that you should skip the interview and find a new career with better post-graduate job prospects and/or less debt. I agree with the impending posts.

I would answer your question to make this a more useful post, but unfortunately I know nothing about that school. In general, make sure you have questions for them beyond what can be found in admissions pamphlets. Things like research opportunities, both in general and specifically what past students have done.

I interviewed Jan 29, and I was super nervous - my first Pharmacy School interview.
I flew in from FL the night before - shuttled to my room. Then took the shuttle to the interview the next morning. I arrived about 25 minutes early, and sat in the foyer and watched the introductory video and read the provided materials. They provided with water bottles and encouraged to fill them frequently (I love this about CO). Next we went to a box lunch presentation with the Associate Dean Jarvis - she went over majority of the main details and did a short Q&A. I felt super weird for eating while she was talking. They gave us packets which they went over - and there is housing information in the presentation room (I forgot to grab that). We had a bathroom break, split into two smaller groups and then a P1 gave us a tour of the facilities - *Advice - wear comfortable, flat shoes - I didn't. Lots of stairs - lots of blisters. Facilites seemed awesome - definitely an incentive for attending. Our group then did our writing portion - super easy - I would not stress about that at all. Then we rejoined the other group and had a very informal Q &A with P1 &P2s. Next was my interview - it was stressful for me because it was my first and I think I'm terrible at interviews. My interviewer checked out my shoes too (super awkward). Its a closed interview - interviewer doesn't see your application. She was nice but new to the university herself, so we talked about the different pharmacy professions. After, we rejoined for group activity which was actually fun.

Not sure what I did in the process to "wow" them but I was offered admission with a Bachelors in Biomedical Science, 2.95 Pharmcas GPA, 81% Pcat & little pharmacy experience outside of my Capstone internship.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You're likely to get a lot of advice that you should skip the interview and find a new career with better post-graduate job prospects and/or less debt. I agree with the impending posts.

I would answer your question to make this a more useful post, but unfortunately I know nothing about that school. In general, make sure you have questions for them beyond what can be found in admissions pamphlets. Things like research opportunities, both in general and specifically what past students have done.
Hey im not interested in research. like drug research, i just want be pharmacist in community helping people counseling drugs etc. thats my passion, so how do i come across asking that good question or am i missing something?

Hey im not interested in research. like drug research, i just want be pharmacist in community helping people counseling drugs etc. thats my passion, so how do i come across asking that good question or am i missing something?
Research leads to publications. Publications help get jobs.