University of Georgia-GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Princess1243

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering if it was required to take the GRE exam for the University of Georgia Veterinary school. Since my gpa is above a 3.0 and the website says this:

“For the UGA CVM, the minimum requirements to be considered for admission are either:

an undergraduate GPA greater than 3.0
OR

GRE (Verbal & Quantitative) greater or equal to 308 (note: we also require the Analytical Writing portion)
Regardless of which criteria you are meeting, official GRE scores are still required and are factored into our decision making process.”

I am mainly asking this question so I can be super sure to spend the money to take the exam.

Members don't see this ad.

• Take the Graduate Record Exam with the Analytical Writing portion. The Analytical Writing test will be required.
  • Tests must be taken in time for the official results to be received (not postmarked) by the College by September 15th of the year you apply.
    Have the ETS (Educational Testing Service) send your GRE scores directly to the College of Veterinary Medicine (institutional code 5752).
  • GRE scores are only valid for 5 years.
  • If you take the GRE more than once, the highest scores you achieved will be considered.
  • GRE Scores sent to ANY location other than the specific code associated with the UGA College of Veterinary Medicine (5752) will not be accepted.

Yes you are required to take the GRE for UGA. If your cumulative gpa is less than a 3.0, your application will still be considered if your GRE (verbal + quant) is at least a 308. But even if your gpa is > 3.0 you must take the GRE. Over the past several cycles the average admitted stats for the GRE are around a 310. You can check out the AVMA website for admitted stats

Ok awesome!! that sounds great! I was looking for the GRE information on the University of Georgia Veterinary School website and it did not seem to be any where on the website?