University of Houston Class of 2016 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sighs..I'm pretty sure my interviewers said three weeks. Anyways, so I called them, I spoke with the secretary and I was told that the adcom had a meeting today. She's not sure if the meeting was to make decisions on our interview (January 12th) or earlier. The earlier interview was on November 18th so I'm pretty sure the decisions have been made for our batch. I figured the acceptance e-mail would be sent out today or tomorrow. She told me to call back if I don't hear anything by the end of next week. Good luck to everyone!

I interviewed on Jan 12th as well...and have not heard anything yet. The letter comes via email right? Is that the case no matter what the admission decision is?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on Jan 12th as well...and have not heard anything yet. The letter comes via email right? Is that the case no matter what the admission decision is?

I heard from the current pharmacy students that you receive an e-mail if you are accepted and an official acceptance letter by mail later on. If you are refused or tabled, you only get a letter by mail. Sighs...I haven't heard back either. Do post here once you get the results. :oops:

I had a question about the residency papers that they requested. Do we have to provide proof from Part A, B, and C or just part A?? sorry I e-mailed them and called but haven't received a response yet :(

Hey, you need to submit a document of part A OR a document of part B + a document of part C. I had the same problem a few days ago and that was what they told me. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from the current pharmacy students that you receive an e-mail if you are accepted and an official acceptance letter by mail later on. If you are refused or tabled, you only get a letter by mail. Sighs...I haven't heard back either. Do post here once you get the results. :oops:

I will! thats what I read online too, but at the interview, they only talked the letter coming by email right? haha its all such a blur now. We just need to hear back soon!

I'm checking my email constantly, but I guess no news is better than bad news :)

I will! thats what I read online too, but at the interview, they only talked the letter coming by email right? haha its all such a blur now. We just need to hear back soon!

Actually, at my interview, they didn't say anything about e-mail or mail. They just said I would get the results in three weeks, either accepted, refused or tabled.

I'm checking my email constantly, but I guess no news is better than bad news :)
Ahahahaha...that's what I've been doing at home, during class and work. To be honest, I've been worried since last week. I thought I got refused since I didn't receive an e-mail at all. I'm glad there's still hope for me.

hahaha me too!!! I keep refreshing my email...with the hope that I've received anything. I thought we would hear back today and i was honestly pretty worried when I didn't. Guess we just gotta be more patient.

Hi everyone, just a few question about application for UHCOP.
So if you did not attend UH for your pre-pharmacy years, you have to complete a transfer application along with pharmcas and supplemental applications as weell. so 3 applications total right?
and if you have not completed all the pre requisites, do you have till the end of spring or end of summer to complete it?
Thank you :)

Hi everyone, just a few question about application for UHCOP.
So if you did not attend UH for your pre-pharmacy years, you have to complete a transfer application along with pharmcas and supplemental applications as weell. so 3 applications total right?
and if you have not completed all the pre requisites, do you have till the end of spring or end of summer to complete it?
Thank you :)

You do not need to complete a transfer application (like UT), all you have to do is submit your application through Pharmcas and $150 supplemental fee and documents. I believe you have until spring to complete all math and science classes and summer to complete non-science ones. :)

You do not need to complete a transfer application (like UT), all you have to do is submit your application through Pharmcas and $150 supplemental fee and documents. I believe you have until spring to complete all math and science classes and summer to complete non-science ones. :)

Thank you for your quick reply. your answer is based on experience or just guessing. cause I spoke with one of the people at the admission office and they said I have to complete the transfer app as well. Also I still need a writing course, I tried to call them many times they never give me an answer.

Based on my experience. I complete my prerequisites at another college and only submitted my Pharmcas along with my supplemental. I also interviewed already. Unless if they made a mistake somewhere and forgot to ask for my transfer application?!

Based on my experience. I complete my prerequisites at another college and only submitted my Pharmcas along with my supplemental. I also interviewed already. Unless if they made a mistake somewhere and forgot to ask for my transfer application?!

how long do you have to wait for the interview after you submitted your application? and can u please share your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
They said that some of the Jan 12th acceptances have been already send out many days earlier. They aren't giving a clear-cut answer as to whether the adcom have met or not...The waiting sucks!

They said that some of the Jan 12th acceptances have been already send out many days earlier. They aren't giving a clear-cut answer as to whether the adcom have met or not...The waiting sucks!

Really? What the heck? I was told the adcom met yesterday. I find it odd that they would send out some acceptances and not all at the same time. I guess I'll have to start preparing for my other interviews then.

how long do you have to wait for the interview after you submitted your application? and can u please share your stats?

I submitted my application at the end of November and received an interview invite mid December. PCAT: 74 and GPA: 3.93.

Yeah, the people were nice. However, I heard that pharmacy may be over manned by the time we graduate and the more prestigious the school, the better. So I'm probably going to go to UT COP if I get an acceptance letter from them.

The job market may be saturated in traditional markets but the field of pharmacy is constantly evolving. At UH COP, we've learned that the demand is shifting toward pharmacists taking on a more clinical and primary care roles. Pharmacists are fighting for their rights to be recognized as healthcare providers and to be reimbursed for certain services that only apply to current recognized providers. Signing bonuses may be a thing of the past but overall as a system the government and businesses are looking to streamline costs. By the time we graduate, pharmacists may very well expand into more roles and the demand will be there.

As for school rankings, the pharmacists I've worked with from UT, UH, TSU, and others have all told me that it is hardly a consideration. If you pass the boards, you will obtain a Pharm.D. regardless of the school. Reputation, strength of the school network, the impression you give your preceptors while you're on rotations, and opportunities provided by the location of school are much more important in my opinion. This topic has been discussed extensively on SDN such as here and many others if you are interested in learning more about people's opinions on rankings in the job market. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=785271

The job market may be saturated in traditional markets but the field of pharmacy is constantly evolving. At UH COP, we've learned that the demand is shifting toward pharmacists taking on a more clinical and primary care roles. Pharmacists are fighting for their rights to be recognized as healthcare providers and to be reimbursed for certain services that only apply to current recognized providers. Signing bonuses may be a thing of the past but overall as a system the government and businesses are looking to streamline costs. By the time we graduate, pharmacists may very well expand into more roles and the demand will be there.

As for school rankings, the pharmacists I've worked with from UT, UH, TSU, and others have all told me that it is hardly a consideration. If you pass the boards, you will obtain a Pharm.D. regardless of the school. Reputation, strength of the school network, the impression you give your preceptors while you're on rotations, and opportunities provided by the location of school are much more important in my opinion. This topic has been discussed extensively on SDN such as here and many others if you are interested in learning more about people's opinions on rankings in the job market. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=785271

Well said! Go Coogs!

No they won't. I've heard of applications getting outright denied because of that. So you must have a LOR from a pharmacist.

Really ?? Oh well I guess I should cross UH from my list then. Thanks for your reply!!

Still waiting... a;lskdjfalksdjflksjdkfl

GO COOGS!

Accepted! I got an email at 1:39pm!

@Umiaq

When was your interview? I had mine on Jan. 21st and I haven't heard back yet.
Actually, has anyone here who had a Jan. 21st interview heard back from UH?

I was interviewed on Jan 21st but no response received yet.

Congrats!! What time did you get the email?...I still haven't hear anything back and I interviewed the same day as you..:(

Received the e-mail at 2:09 p.m. My last name starts with H...if that helps. Good luck!

accepted!! :) my email didn't have the actual acceptance letter...so called them and they said it might be an IT issue and they'll get it resolved.

accepted!! :) my email didn't have the actual acceptance letter...so called them and they said it might be an IT issue and they'll get it resolved.

Congrats to those who just received the letter of acceptance!! Can you guys please post the dates you guys interviewed on? Thanks in advance.

Jan 12th. Congrats to all those who got accepted!!

Congrats everyone!!! I interviewed the 21st and I'm still waiting!

Congrats you guys! I still haven't gotten anything.. :confused: The waiting part is definitely my most dreaded part of this whole process...

So it seems that many of y'all waited almost exactly 3 weeks. Looks like those on Jan. 21st will most likely hear from UH next week.

Anyway, congratulations everyone who got in!!

By the looks of it, they do not send out all the acceptance letters at the same time. Don't lose hope just yet! Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Congratz gravity, you've been waiting for it :D
By the looks of it, they do not send out all the acceptance letters at the same time. Don't lose hope just yet! Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations to those of you who got accepted!

Has anybody with last name initials l-z received an acceptance letter?

what were the stats of those who are already accepted? That is, if you don't mind sharing

Folks that interviewed on Jan 21st, let us know when you get in. I'm in the same boat! God bless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess I will hear the news while I'm at Abilene for the interview next weekend. I'm in the Jan 21st batch.

@Umiaq

When was your interview? I had mine on Jan. 21st and I haven't heard back yet.
Actually, has anyone here who had a Jan. 21st interview heard back from UH?

My interview was on 1/12. A warm round of applause to all others accepted!

what were the stats of those who are already accepted? That is, if you don't mind sharing

GPA: 3.94
PCAT: 92
CPhT for 6+ years
Business degree from University of Texas at Arlington

Congrats! Did they send you anything else yet? I also had the same issue.

Gravitygirl88, have they sent it to you yet? I have the same problem, and I am waiting for my letter as well!

Nope! I'm going to wait until the end of the day, if not I'll call them again tomorrow. We do have a little less than 2 weeks left to answer apparently, so I'm not going to stress about it...yet. :D