University of Houston Class of 2016 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not sure if this is UH's policy or if the person who got below a C was an exception because his other grades were high enough that UH let it slide. It's safest to keep all grades above a C as it'd be silly to get this far in the application process, be accepted, and then have the acceptance rescinded because of a low grade.

As for pass/fail, it probably doesn't matter as long as the student passes. Personally I dropped a class that wasn't part of the pre-req courses for UH after I accepted. It didn't affect my status.

I don't think it would look good if you withdrew from all your classes either. I'm taking some elective courses for other schools; however, I no longer need them. Now I'm stuck with them. :(

Members don't see this ad.

well yeah the acceptance letter says you need to keep at least a "c" average. When pass/failing a class you get no grade so my worry is that they say something about me not getting a grade in that class and just getting credit for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am soooo nervous about my interview on Friday!
Does UH conduct open portfolio interview? Meaning interviewers know my GPA amd PCAT score?
Just curious if they will ask me about the specific class and why my grade is low. I got horrendous grade on Microbiology. :(

Does UH conduct open portfolio interview? Meaning interviewers know my GPA amd PCAT score?
Just curious if they will ask me about the specific class and why my grade is low. I got horrendous grade on Microbiology. :(

They don't know anything about your GPA or PCAT so need to stress out about that. I was nervous too on my interview day but looking back, it was a very laid back and conversational. Don't forget to check out the SDN feedbacks....all the questions were very predictable if you take a look at the feedbacks. Good luck.

I have had an inordinate amount of trouble contacting UHCOP and have not heard anything back. I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem too.

I turned in my PharmCAS and my supplemental app on time. About 2 weeks later after mailing the supplemental, I received 2 emails saying I was missing parts of my application. Long story short, one of those emails was riddled with many inconsistencies than I care to discuss. I emailed them asking a few questions to clear things up for me. I also sent in the missing paperwork pretty quickly upon receiving that email.

Anyways, it's been almost 2 months since then and I've yet to hear anything back regarding the email I sent nor any invite or rejection for interview. I did email again for a follow up, but have yet to receive a response from that. I don't know if I should be the jerk and/or annoying applicant who calls in every day to see what's going on, but I feel like I should. Any advice? Or should I just be waiting for a rejection letter?

(Also, I should add, a friend of mine was also told he was missing items, but after he turned them in he got a rejection letter from them, so that's how I know there is one.)

The interviews do not have access to any of your information. They are only given the forms you filled out and e-mailed (interview questionnaire, essay, and the self-evaluation).

I have had an inordinate amount of trouble contacting UHCOP and have not heard anything back. I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem too.

I turned in my PharmCAS and my supplemental app on time. About 2 weeks later after mailing the supplemental, I received 2 emails saying I was missing parts of my application. Long story short, one of those emails was riddled with many inconsistencies than I care to discuss. I emailed them asking a few questions to clear things up for me. I also sent in the missing paperwork pretty quickly upon receiving that email.

Anyways, it's been almost 2 months since then and I've yet to hear anything back regarding the email I sent nor any invite or rejection for interview. I did email again for a follow up, but have yet to receive a response from that. I don't know if I should be the jerk and/or annoying applicant who calls in every day to see what's going on, but I feel like I should. Any advice? Or should I just be waiting for a rejection letter?

(Also, I should add, a friend of mine was also told he was missing items, but after he turned them in he got a rejection letter from them, so that's how I know there is one.)

I applied in September and I didn't receive an interview invite until this month. I know they do tell you either if they are going to accept/table/ or deny you after your interview. I am not sure about the application itself.

I sent in my application before the end of last semester and was e-mailed about some missing paperwork a month ago. I've sent it in twice and haven't received any response!

I'm at the point where I don't know if I care about receiving an interview from UH.

:wtf:

I'm curious as you only mentioned e-mail in your post. Did you also try calling the office to check if UH has received all the required documentation? When I was applying last year I called and was connected to someone fairly quickly. That was after I did not receive an e-mail response.

If UH does have all your documents, then hang tight! There are still a few interview dates left in the semester. I'm sure the adcom is evaluating the remaining candidates and people who were tabled from previous interviews.

I sent in my application before the end of last semester and was e-mailed about some missing paperwork a month ago. I've sent it in twice and haven't received any response!

I'm at the point where I don't know if I care about receiving an interview from UH.

:wtf:

I'm on the same boat. Very disheartening, but all you can do is hope for the best at this point. :oops:

Agree with UHCougarRX, give them a call. I've called them a few times and they usually answer or always get back to me. E-mail takes a lot longer.

Agreed try calling Betty Hassell? or Morgan Ely they're usually really helpful!

*crosses fingers* hoping for adcom to meet soon >-<

does anyone know if they would mind you pass/failing a class that is not a pre-req after you have received acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, my next course of action is to call. I've been avoiding it because I don't want to be that applicant that sounds like a huge jerk (although I must admit I've been angry over the whole thing). But there is hope! A friend of mine was having the same problem but he finally received an interview invite. Even more patience is in order.

It sucks to see that people have been waiting since September! :(

Question! Do rejection letters come by email also???

Does anyone have any idea when the next adcom meeting is? This waiting thing is driving me crazy! I just want to hear back from the school.. :scared:

How long after the interview did it take to get a response from the school?

Stay positive... I am still hoping to get an invite / an opportunity even this late in the game.

I loved my interview experience at UH.
Everyone was so welcoming and friendly.

I wish I did a little better on my interview and group activity..
But, no regret!

I wanted to thank those of you who answered my question so kindly on this forum. :)

Fingers crossed for good news for everyone waiting.

The interview was such a wonderful experience! I had so much fun! For all those waiting for interview, I have waited since October--so don't lose hope! :)

Anyone tabled heard anything back yet? :/

I interviewed in January, got tabled in February, and finally received an update email yesterday saying that I'm still in the tabled pool and that a final decision will be made by the end of this week. Hope this helps!

Do you guys know if there are still conducting interviews? How many rounds left?
When do they send rejection letters? Is there a chance for those who haven't gotten an interview yet? :rolleyes:

Do you guys know if there are still conducting interviews? How many rounds left?
When do they send rejection letters? Is there a chance for those who haven't gotten an interview yet? :rolleyes:

I emailed them awhile back and they finally got to me just the other day. They said they are processing my application and reviewing it still and will "get back to me shortly". Don't know what this means but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I emailed them awhile back and they finally got to me just the other day. They said they are processing my application and reviewing it still and will "get back to me shortly". Don't know what this means but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Yea, I called them and got the same answer. I even asked when I could expect to hear back and they said they couldn't disclose that kind of information. Le sigh, my finger is getting tired of hitting the refresh button :(

Emailed Mr. Ely at the beginning of the month. No response :(

Still waiting... le sigh x 2.

I think they interview until the end of april?? Don't give up hope goodluck!!!

Has anyone heard back from the march 14th interview? I think they said we would receive a status update within 4-6 weeks and I wanted to make sure.

They gave mine and others a response about 3-4 weeks. good luck! I interviewed the 2nd and heard back on the 23rd

Has anyone heard back from the march 14th interview? I think they said we would receive a status update within 4-6 weeks and I wanted to make sure.
I was wondering the same thing. I remembered them saying 2-6 weeks I believe. My problem is that I interviewed at another school on the 19th, and was granted admission the next morning. It is exciting to get in and so quickly, but I have to send them a decision by Tuesday, along with a $500 nonrefundable deposit. UH is my first choice, and $500 is a lot of money for a working pharm tech to lose if I get accepted at UH afterwards and back out of my admission to the other school.

I was wondering the same thing. I remembered them saying 2-6 weeks I believe. My problem is that I interviewed at another school on the 19th, and was granted admission the next morning. It is exciting to get in and so quickly, but I have to send them a decision by Tuesday, along with a $500 nonrefundable deposit. UH is my first choice, and $500 is a lot of money for a working pharm tech to lose if I get accepted at UH afterwards and back out of my admission to the other school.

It's actually 4-6 weeks! I got mine 3 weeks after my interview!

Do you guys know if they already sent rejection letters? or when do they usually send them? and if is there any way to check our status online?

Ms. Berkley told me that there are 2 more interview dates for April. Unsure about the specifics but that is all I know.

Wishing for the best.

Do you guys know if they already sent rejection letters? or when do they usually send them? and if is there any way to check our status online?

I believe some rejection letters were sent by email already.

Has anyone heard back from the tabled email sent out last week? They said they would let us know by the end of the week...... unprofessional?

Has anyone heard back from the tabled email sent out last week? They said they would let us know by the end of the week...... unprofessional?

They said either we should hear back by today or early next week. So i'm assuming if you don't hear today, then you're going to get a rejection letter next week?

I interviewed March 14th as well and I still have not received anything.

Since today is technically a holiday, we probably won't hear from UH until next week. The wait is killing me!

Does anyone know exactly how many interviews are left? Cause I haven't gotten an interview yet...nor a rejection letter

Does anyone know exactly how many interviews are left? Cause I haven't gotten an interview yet...nor a rejection letter

They only give rejection letters if you interviewed.

So, I just spoke with a current student and he said that as far as he knows, there are no longer interview dates left for the incoming class. If you still happen to be waiting, then you could maybe verify this by calling, but personally I don't have any intention to.

Don't believe everything you hear. LOL.

So, I just spoke with a current student and he said that as far as he knows, there are no longer interview dates left for the incoming class. If you still happen to be waiting, then you could maybe verify this by calling, but personally I don't have any intention to.

Don't believe everything you hear. LOL.

True, usually I am skeptical, but I trust my sources. Also, at this point I don't care, I've already been accepted to another school I'll be happy to go to. It'll be like, "An interview? Awesome!" or, "No interview? Oh well." XD

Dang, I've become so jaded. lol

So apparently i hear from a UH pharmacy student that the class of 2016 is full already.... people will be contacted for wait-list now.. :/