University of Illinois - Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalCare

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any information on the University of Illinois - Chicago. Anything would help. For example, is it a good school? How hard is it to get into? Has anyone interviewed there or been accepted? If so, could you share your statistics with me.

I am not planning on applying to schools until June of 2002, but right now my G.P.A. is pretty low. I'm working on raising it, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on the least competitive dental schools for acceptance.

I have a 2.5 Overall G.P.A. and a 2.7 Science G.P.A. What kind of DAT score should I aim for to get accepted at UIC?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to UIC this year and had an interview there recently.

From what I know, they have a new dean and he is pumping a lot of money into the labs and work areas over the next few years. He says he wants UIC to "be one of the top 5 dental schools." Take that for what it's worth.

Since UIC is in Chicago, they have a large patient pool which includes people from many walks of life. I see this as a plus.