University of Kentucky vs. Palmetto Health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emdoc2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at both of these places and really torn between the two. FIguring out the order of these two is the last step to finalizing my rank list. I really enjoyed both programs and the people at them. They are bothbeautiful, smaller, more rural cities which I enjoy. Ultrasound seems strong at both places. Palmetto has more electives but the ED at Lexington is gorgeous compared to Palmetto's. Need a little help, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

ranking a program based on how nice the ED looks is probably not wise.

Unless a significant change has occurred in the last 3 years at UK, I would argue that the two programs are pretty dissimilar.
Go where you want though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the couple opinions. I can assure you that the look of the ED is not a priority of mine but it is a nice perk like nice benefits. I am interested in Dr. McNinja's opionion as it sounds like you might have experience with both. I would just love to hear different people's opinion of both programs. Neither one of these programs have a very recent review.

I simply interviewed at both. Kentucky was, at that time, a community program above all else. They did some basic ultrasound, but they were not a research site. South Carolina did a fair amount of research, not all of it US based.

I do find it funny that you consider them both to be "rural", when Lexington has an MSA of nearly 500K and Columbia nearly 800K. Sure, they aren't LA, NYC, or Chicago, but they aren't Paris, TX either.