Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Mary accepted students/prospective students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT/2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have found little information through this site about the University of Mary through North Dakota and Montana. If there are any current or prospective students that would be willing to post stats or any other information about the program it would be much appreciated! I am leaning towards the Billings campus where I completed my undergraduate degree.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

Thank you for posting information about the program. I have submitted my application earlier this month! I have 50+shadow hours in transitional care unit at Billings clinic, 50 hours billings pediatric (children with disabilities), and 16 hour hippotherapy rocky mountain college in billings. I previously worked as a behavioral support coordinator in Billings head start through AWARE INC. I am currently working as an Occupational Therapy Hand Technician directly under an OT (1500 hours so far, started in Dec). I also have other relevant volunteer hours. I do not have the strongest GPA so I am hoping that my experience and location dedication will give me a leg up. I will try and set up a meeting to tour the campus that is a great idea. Also when did you submit your application? I wish you luck with your schooling!

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from them?
I got an email saying that they recieved my application and will be contacting applicants before the new year for interviews.

I just received an invitation for an early interview

Reactions: 1 user
Congradulations! Is there a difference for an early interview?
I don't think there's a difference really except that they interview you first before other applicants. I guess they have a preference for higher GPAs (3.5 and up) because that's the reason I got one

Hi guys. I just got accepted into the program. I am supposed to start Summer 2017 when does that start exactly? June? May? Some schools have Spring as January and their Fall starts in like July or August so "summer" does not necessarily mean summer.
I was also wondering about tuition. The website doesn't say anything about the cost of tuitiom and there is little information about financial aid. Do they do the FAFSA?

Thank you for any help you can give!!

Hi guys. I just got accepted into the program. I am supposed to start Summer 2017 when does that start exactly? June? May? Some schools have Spring as January and their Fall starts in like July or August so "summer" does not necessarily mean summer.
I was also wondering about tuition. The website doesn't say anything about the cost of tuitiom and there is little information about financial aid. Do they do the FAFSA?

Thank you for any help you can give!!
what campus Billings or bismark?

Current U of Mary Student here. You will start online (8 credits) from June-July. You will then have August off. And then you will report to campus in September for real classes. Yes, they have FASFA.
Hi! I'm a new Umary student too! That's what I was wondering... So we don't actually have to be on campus for the summer since classes are online, right?

That is correct, you will not report to campus until September for orientation and the start of class. They will send you a packet by April explaining everything you need to know :)
Oh okay. Do you know what is goin to be in the packet? I have been kind of concerned about the program since they provide next to nothing on their website. I wish they had more info about the breakdown of tuition and fees, the student handbook, fieldwork handbook, breakdown of what classes we're taking each semester, etc. I wonder why there is no information any where about it all

Well as a current student, I think my program here is excellent. I just passed my level 1 fieldwork with flying colors and felt very prepared from my program. And our professors consider us family almost, rather than students...at least here in billings (I am in billings but as you may know we interact with bismark). The packet will give you everything you need to know about summer classes, tuition, fall classes, etc. They are in the process of finalizing the final cohorts (as well as they teach full time and practice clinically so please be patient with you ;)), so in the next few weeks you should get all of that. If you call Dr. Sibla, the program director, im sure she will be happy to answer your questions. Also, within the next few weeks you will be given a current student as a mentor in which you can email and call them and ask them all about the program and all your questions, along with professors.
I was wondering if you can tell me what you are doing for financial aid.. I completed the FAFSA and I got next to nothing like not even enough to cover the tuition for a single semester which I think is extremely odd. I think it might be because they are making us file as undergraduate students instead of grad students maybe? But either way I would think that tuition would at least be covered... If you don't mind me asking, how are you paying for school?

What was the interview like? I am interviewing on Thursday via Face Time and would like to prepare as best as possible.

I was just told that I was accepted today and will be attending the program this June!

Reactions: 1 user
What was everyone's stats applying to U Mary?
TBH my stats were out of the norm. 2.5 undergrad GPA (was a student athlete and didn’t have my priorities straight)
I redid almost all my prereq classes so my prereq gpa was like a 3.5 or little higher.
GRE scores were fairly good I believe it was math 146, English 149 and essay 4.5 I believe which is considered the 80th percentile.
I had 120 hours of inpatient/outpatient pt experience along with 6,000+ hours of ot experience (have worked under a hand therapist full time for over 3 years) and about 20 hours in another outpatient ot setting. I got accepted and will start in a few weeks!

The director sent this letter to us to show to people potentially still looking for a program

Attachments

• 2D0FE1A8-DB64-4FC7-9460-77A5300FE438.jpeg
    2D0FE1A8-DB64-4FC7-9460-77A5300FE438.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 66
Has anyone attended the Bismarck campus? How was your experience?